Why become a member? ×

Brum Guitar Show

Bridgehouse

I was there today from about 1-3. I went with my band's guitarist knowing full well there wouldn't be much bass stuff, but it was not as bad as expected.  Checked out a few new luthiers with some interesting ideas, caught up with the MarkBass guys too as we'd chatted a lot at Liverpool Show. Ashdown was a bit underwhelming as a fan, as they had a lot of space but not much in it. I did get to check out the John Myung signature drive, but without having it at home i'd never really know if I liked it.

30 min per hour being half quiet was appreciated, as the god awful sound of dozens of shredding guitarists when I walked in made me question my choice of going.

The highlight was undoubtedly the lamb curry & rice from the catering stand.

Edited by Machines
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Love that Gibson Les Paul bass

Yeah, I quite liked it as well. I guess there's weight issues with a Les Paul type of body unless it was chambered or something, but it did look pretty tho.

4 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Best euphemism for having the painters in, ever 👌

We meet once a month on a Sunday afternoon for 3 hours. If we're all there, there's 8 of us. For some weird reason I seem to run it... so I can't really duck out...

14 hours ago, Machines said:

I was there today from about 1-3. I went with my band's guitarist knowing full well there wouldn't be much bass stuff, but it was not as bad as expected.  Checked out a few new luthiers with some interesting ideas, caught up with the MarkBass guys too as we'd chatted a lot at Liverpool Show. Ashdown was a bit underwhelming as a fan, as they had a lot of space but not much in it. I did get to check out the John Myung signature drive, but without having it at home i'd never really know if I liked it.

30 min per hour being half quiet was appreciated, as the god awful sound of dozens of shredding guitarists when I walked in made me question my choice of going.

Well, if the event was not "as bad as expected" and the "highlight was undoubtedly the lamb curry & rice", am I right in assuming that the event was then rather *censored* ? (please feel free to replace *censored* with a four letter word, maybe starting with "c" or "s" and yes, I kept it purposely vague so fellow BCers can impress us with some witty jokes ;- )

1 minute ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Well, if the event was not "as bad as expected" and the "highlight was undoubtedly the lamb curry & rice", am I right in assuming that the event was then rather *censored* ? 

For bassists, yes. But it wasn't advertised as a bass show either.

On 08/05/2022 at 22:41, Machines said:

Did the Lamb (Curry) lie down on Broadway (Plaza)?

• Haha 1