Why become a member? ×

Even more G&L

odub

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='49302' date='Aug 23 2007, 07:12 AM']This hasn't helped my ASAT GAS at all, you know...

I really fancy a solid one, mind you.

I should've bought the last one I played. It was excellent.
Still wouldn't mind a comparison with a Warwick $$ though.[/quote]

No problem, Lfalx... If you get hold of one, bring it round by all means and compare it to my $$ :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Blimey - it's "pimp my bass". :)

Sure it sounds mighty fine though, being a G&L. Actually how does it compare with the L2000s? Pickups and EQ look the same, so I guess you get that Stingray type growl, but how does the cutout affect it?

I've got a bad GAS problem with G&Ls at the mo... A week after getting the natural L2000 Tribute, I've just pulled the trigger on a US L1500.

<thinks> Must stop now...

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='96915' date='Nov 30 2007, 07:36 PM']I've got a bad GAS problem with G&Ls at the mo... A week after getting the natural L2000 Tribute, I've just pulled the trigger on a US L1500.

<thinks> Must stop now...[/quote]

was that the trans green/rosewood one on ebay this week? if so you got a new old stock L1500 at a bargain price.

the L1500 has the MFD in the same position as Ray I believe so should have a different sound to your L2Ks.qustion is...will you keep the Ray? you will need to change your name to G&Lfan now

re Asat v L2K - I owned an alder/rosewood L2K a few years ago and from what I recall,it soundeds exactly the same as my Asat (again alder/rosewood) any differences are visual,in the neck profile and also the way the basses hang