Why become a member? ×

New Basses (2) Week

Lozz196

So I’ve been on a bit of a quest, and last week yielded these two fine basses from my fave 2013-16 range of Fender US Standards, a 2013 from our very own @vincbtand a 2014 from the ‘bay. Match very nicely with my fave 2015. All that was needed was A-String Retainers and Hipshot Drop-D Extenders. The 13 gets the gigging band, the 14 gets the classic rock band.

286DE79B-75FD-4D8D-A7E7-187798B91717.jpeg

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 36

17 minutes ago, CPCustomdubwise said:

Genuinely not an arsey question, although it might seem so..... but how have you decided which one is doing which job?

Ah, well the 2013 has a couple of (very slight) knocks and a gigging instrument is likely to pick up some along the road so as that one already has some I’ll be less precious with it.

If they’d been in exactly the same condition it would have been the 2014 as my backup Mex Precision is a 2014, would have appeased my OCD.

Also not an arsey question, although the answer may be "if you have to ask you'll never understand"...

Why do you need one per band - different set-up? Flats and rounds?

Flats and rounds was my justification having two Precisions, by the way, and I'm struggling to not use it as an excuse to get a second Jazz 🙂

• Like 1

Why one for each band, well I like to have a main for gigs with an exact same backup kept at home in case of failure/theft and then a cheaper backup for gigs. So using the exact same backup for the band that doesn’t gig means it at least gets used and doesn’t just sit in a case. 

I’m frighteningly complicated.

• Haha 1