Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT-II PRO Valve Head (USA-Made) - REDUCED £550 BUY THIS PLEASE - *SOLD*
£800
Surrey, England

Bankai

Hello,

Due to a surprise bill, I’m forced to sell my favourite amp. I’ve never come across anything better and doubt I will. Unfortunately, with something to urgently pay off I can’t justify keeping the SVT given how little I actually give it proper use.

This is the sought after mid-90s SVT, from the period where they were still made in the USA before production was moved overseas. Better transformer, build quality, etc. It has been regularly serviced throughout its life. It’s fitted with KT88s which give a great tone. It will include the 4U rackmount flightcase that’s pictured.

Amp is located in KT18 Surrey. I can drive a reasonable distance to meet a buyer. Price is £550. Not suitable for posting, so collection/meet only I’m afraid.

You’re welcome to come over and try it before buying. As everyone says, the SVT-2 PRO is *the* amp. Only downside is the weight!

03EDD545-F759-486F-8EE1-6391031061E3.thumb.jpeg.e48168f26f189ce3f4b74bcef3301a4e.jpeg5774823D-5834-4E23-AFC3-03ABDAE8E8F1.thumb.jpeg.f83b003470974ffe48f5fd0f791c056f.jpeg83C570D0-C662-4568-A84E-E038A025107D.thumb.jpeg.67f965b1f7be9e7a21ca3f6d7b6b44be.jpeg

Edited by Bankai
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

• Bankai changed the title to Ampeg SVT-II PRO Valve Head (USA-Made) - £800
  • Bankai changed the title to Ampeg SVT-II PRO Valve Head (USA-Made) - £700
  • Bankai changed the title to Ampeg SVT-II PRO Valve Head (USA-Made) - REDUCED £650

To say that this is a lot of amp of the cash is a ludicrous understatement, this is the sort of amp that totally dominates a stage and allows an audience feel the music as opposed to simply hearing the music. The first time I plugged mine in and hit an open A string it was, no joke, a defining moment "Ah, that's bass....". Yep, it's heavy, expensive to re-tube (although not often) and doesn't do quiet, but bloody hell they're minor issues compared to what you do get 👍

• Like 2

• Bankai changed the title to Ampeg SVT-II PRO Valve Head (USA-Made) - REDUCED £550 BUY THIS PLEASE

If there's anyone out there wondering "Wy do all the old farts go on about big and heavy tube amps all the time when there are so many high quality lightweight and compact bass amps on the market", right here is the answer. Once you have played through an SVT-II, while other amps might sound close, they will never be close enough

• Like 1

• Bankai changed the title to [SOLD] Ampeg SVT-II PRO Valve Head (USA-Made) - REDUCED £550