Why become a member? ×

NBD - can you tell what it is yet?

Owen

3 hours ago, Owen said:

US 5 string Jazz in for a relic respray. 

I would like to point out that, as the OP, this is the correct answer. 

As a side note OP are my first 2 initials and hence my family nickname, so every time I see OP I wonder how people know me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well, isn't that obvious, yet it is just a stripped jazz bass body with a generously routed neck pickup cavity that would have room for something like a a '51 P Bass single coil P Pickup, and possibly even a mini humbucker, at least a guitar mini humbucker pickup, or might be even possibly have room for cramming in a soapbar style pickup if it was custom made to fit the specific measurements (at least I think that cavity is a bit too narrow for a standard sized soapbar pickup)?

At least one of those alternative pickup options/possibilities would probably be the route (no pun intended) I personally would go, rather than a J Pickup, quite possibly a '51 single coil Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder P Pickup, which unlike any of their other Quarter Pound offerings actually got plenty of mids and sounds phenomenal.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

Just now, JapanAxe said:

Are you a Hobbit?

Tolkien did have a penchant for the Welsh language. “Welsh is of the soil, this island, the senior language of the men of Britain; and Welsh is beautiful.”

• Like 5