Why become a member? ×

Mesa Walkabout Scout 15 " Combo Or Mesa Scout Head - *SOLD*
£1600

Mesa Walkabout Scout 15 " Combo.   

Willing to Split Amps and Cabs.

The heads are removable on these combos of course.

1 x 15" Combo - £650

Head - £500.

Head Spec:

Walkabout Scout Features

300 Watts @ 4 Ohms (165 @ 8), Simul-State™ Power / 6 Tube Driven Power MOSFET’s,
2x12AX7Active/Passive Input Switch

4 Stage Vacuum Tube Preamplifier featuring Gain, Active Bass & Treble, Passive Mid and a 3-Band Semi Parametric EQ that provides 15db of cut or boost from 30Hz
to 12K Hz

Main Output Level Control. 

2 – 1/4” Speaker Outputs

Fan Cooled

Prices are collected from me in, Chorley, Lancashire. 

One nick in the cover on the 15" as shown.

Link to product page here:

https://mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/bass/walkabout-series/walkabout-scout-convertible-combo/index.html

IMG_20220506_083610.jpeg

IMG_20220506_083613.jpeg

Walkabout 5.jpg

Edited by bagsieblue
  • Like 3

• bagsieblue changed the title to Mesa Walkabout Scout 12 and 15 " Combos - Willing to Split Amps and Cabs
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • bagsieblue changed the title to Mesa Walkabout Scout 15 " Combo
  • 2 weeks later...
  • bagsieblue changed the title to Mesa Walkabout Scout 15 " Combo Or Mesa Scout Head
  • 2 weeks later...

There is something special about Mesa tone, irrespective of format. I've owned a lot of their models from the Bass 400, Buster, Venture, Walkabout, M-Pulse 600, Big Block 750, Titan v12, Prodigy and now, and perhaps my favourite of all, the Carbine M6 (in fact my relationship with Mesa reads more like dating to be honest). The key for me is in their name; 'Mesa Engineering', Mesa gear is just so well designed and so well engineered, not just the circuits, but everything, even the boxes (never drop a Mesa amp or cab unless you're prepared to sacrifice whatever it was you dropped it on, in my case the back end of an Audi estate that received the full force of a 1516 one side of which our singer dropped as we were putting it in the back). Of all the brands I feel a loyalty in music, I pout Mesa at the top, and that's helped a lot by the fact that @agedhorse is always here to advise and support. 

Frankly if I had £500 to spare I'd be dating that Walkabout 😀 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Beedster said:

There is something special about Mesa tone, irrespective of format. I've owned a lot of their models from the Bass 400, Buster, Venture, Walkabout, M-Pulse 600, Big Block 750, Titan v12, Prodigy and now, and perhaps my favourite of all, the Carbine M6 (in fact my relationship with Mesa reads more like dating to be honest). The key for me is in their name; 'Mesa Engineering', Mesa gear is just so well designed and so well engineered, not just the circuits, but everything, even the boxes (never drop a Mesa amp or cab unless you're prepared to sacrifice whatever it was you dropped it on, in my case the back end of an Audi estate that received the full force of a 1516 one side of which our singer dropped as we were putting it in the back). Of all the brands I feel a loyalty in music, I pout Mesa at the top, and that's helped a lot by the fact that @agedhorse is always here to advise and support. 

Frankly if I had £500 to spare I'd be dating that Walkabout 😀 

Very well put, and exactly echoes my own experience - over more years than I care to remember. As stated, Andy is a priceless asset to the community.

• Like 2

FWIW, my Walkabout is going nowhere, and I've run it happily into 2.67 ohms (a 4 ohm cab and an 8 ohm cab), and it was monstrously loud. Even just into an efficient 4 ohm 212 (I've used a BF Super 12 and now a Super Twin), it'll keep up with any drummer...that '300w' is plenty...

• bagsieblue changed the title to Mesa Walkabout Scout 15 - SOLD