Why become a member? ×

Switching Between Pre Amps

offmybass

Had a bit of a brain wave this afternoon and just wanted to run it past someone to make sure it's not just a really good way to fry some bass gear.

I'm using an Amp PF500 which has an input directly in to the power amp and a Fender Downtown Express.

I'm looking for a way to be able to switch between the Downtown Express and the front of my amp and wondered if something like the Fender ABY pedal would work?

I'm thinking my signal chain would be:

Bass - Pedal Board - ABY - A in to the front of the Amp. B in to Downtown Express which goes in to the power amp of the Ampeg.

Is this likely to work or is there something I'm missing?

On 05/05/2022 at 17:42, Bigwan said:

Don't know if this'll be as easy as you think. By plugging into the fx return I think you may override the Ampeg preamp.

Bass into the splitter, one channel through the preamp pedal and the other would go to the amp input and the FX send would act as the preamp output. Then back into the return from the splitter.

4 cable method, very cool but probably a real pain for quick changes at gigs etc not to mention the extra cables!