Why become a member? ×

The new Rammstein album, whaddya think?

I've listened to Zeit, loud, a few times now and disappointingly IMO it's one of their  lesser efforts alongside 'matchstick' and Rosenrot. But while those two albums each have 3 tracks that are among their best, there's little on Zeit that matches these; Benzin, Zerstoeren and Rosenrot (off Rosenrot) and Deutschland, Auslaender and Zeig Dich (off 'matchstick'). 

Looking at reviews on t'net there seems to be more love for Zeit than not so I'm expecting much disagreement here 😁

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Like 1

I suggest Sehnsucht, Mutter or Reise Reise. These have little in the way of slow stuff which I'm not fussed on. I'm not a metalhead and Rammstein are one of the exceptions to the rule as far as my own taste goes. IMO they stand apart from the metal crowd partly because they only sing in German, have a dark sense of humour, don't go in for all that fret******g nonsense, have a bit of a synthy techno edge and tunes you can dance to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only listened to the first track "Armee der Tristen" and I really like it. It does have a vibe of being written according to a formula, but it's a formula I quite like!

As for entry points, @ead, I second what @Barking Spiders said: Sehnsucht and Mutter would be my choices. Probably starting with Mutter, since "Feuer Frei!" is one of my favourites from all albums. 

• Thanks 1

I think Rammstein have always been a bit too consistent, I find their records to all be a bit too similar except for a few exceptional tracks. Where Rammstein really are exceptional is on the stage. No one matches their live performance and stage shows. I'm convinced you don't even need to be a metal fan to appreciate them live.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bassfinger said:

I speak fair German, so appreciate them in a manner that most over here do not.

I remember several years ago on a mountaineering trip a gentleman we called German Kris translated several songs as we enjoyed a beautiful alpine sunset from our bivvy ledge. The lyrics are not what one would traditionally describe as romantic. 

• Haha 1