Why become a member? ×

Help with tuner bushings

ead

1 minute ago, ead said:

Haha, thanks will invest in a pair of those right away.  Takes the fun out of it though, although I can now annoy Mrs ead by randomly measuring stuff around the house.  Every cloud....

they're really useful for measuring unknown strings as well (when trying to work out just which mystery strings are fitted to a new purchase!) (most of the digital ones can do imperial at the touch of a button)

I bought my digital ones in Lidl or Aldi years ago, they're well worth it. i have a set of more expensive dial calipers as well that were a 21st present from my brother but they stay in the house and the digital ones live i the workshop.

Matt

• Like 1

Project update.  Some bushings arrived this morning and they slot in nicely.  I'll wind a bit of tape around them to make the fit a bit tighter but otherwise, and in the absence of the real thing, seem to be a good compromise.

211739879_Tuner(8of1).thumb.jpg.6a21791048707b009cd839b7b17c8a4f.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3below said:

I think we should get to see the rest of the bass :)

Of course.  Should be finished with the work in a few days and will post some pics then.

• Like 1