Why become a member? ×

Kate Bush 1979

We needed to do some river works at the bottom of KB’s garden. When I took over the project we were getting nowhere with negotiations for access and working areas. After some time I managed to get a meeting with Danny McIntosh. He was a sweet guy, very helpful and we started to make progress. Never met KB but liked him.

Sorry, nothing to do with music but, for the record, I enjoy her stuff.

Edited by bassace

16 hours ago, fleabag said:

There's a few of that band on YT  , ez.  Yer pals must be in one of them, at least !

Whilst Del Palmer has guested on some special shows he is not the regular bassist in Cloudbusting, one of our own basschatters is though 😉

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fleabag said:

And another fabulous bass line from Moving, on The Kick Inside album.

David Paton's bass line is simple and luxurious, covered here by some lady with a great tone.

It's a 'bloke' with a great tone ;)

Edited by cetera

3 hours ago, KevB said:

Whilst Del Palmer has guested on some special shows he is not the regular bassist in Cloudbusting, one of our own basschatters is though 😉

3 hours ago, fleabag said:

Yeah i saw a few of the band vids and noted that

I believe it's @sprocketflup.

My two friends doing BVs are very much in this video (both super talented ladies, one of whom I was in a band with for nearly 10 years).

And my drumming buddy is in this one...

I did a couple of lockdown recordings and a video with the three of them, Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes and, appropriately enough, Don't Give Up.

• Like 1

I've got tickets to see Cloudbusting in Lincoln next Friday (20th).

It'll be the first gig that I've been to, as a non-performer, in about 25 years and I'm really looking forward to it.

Listening to her early albums gives me a real GAS for a fretless as some of the playing is inspirational and I just want to play along to it.

In my opinion some tribute bands can be better than the original artist, as the artist is obliged to play their new material, whereas the tribute act goes through the greatest hits. As the Cloudbusting musicians are top-notch I think that this will be one of those occasions.

5 hours ago, ezbass said:

I believe it's @sprocketflup.

My two friends doing BVs are very much in this video (both super talented ladies, one of whom I was in a band with for nearly 10 years).

And my drumming buddy is in this one...

I did a couple of lockdown recordings and a video with the three of them, Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes and, appropriately enough, Don't Give Up.

It is me yes, I am the regular bass player for CB and I claim my five pounds.

• Like 4

Some very lovely comments on this post and I'm humbled, truth is Cloudbusting are just 5 silly twots who happen to like Kate Bush and play the various instruments needed to replicate it. I'm proud as punch to be there, have been there for over 9 years now, longest I've been with any band, which just goes to show really

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Excellent stuff  sprock.

And you get to play that brilliant Del boy bass line on Kashka. 

Amongst many others! You know where you are with a Del bassline. I also relish doing Eberhard Webers uprite stuff, and John Giblins fretless lines and and and......

In fact, the show you featured earlier up there was not actually a Cloudbusting show, we have an 'acoustic' offshoot called The Kate Bush Songbook, where Michael (keys) Mandy and I get to explore the more delicate stuff from KB's catalog. Del had played on our two 40th anniversary of the Kick Inside special shows, which was quite a thing in itself, whilst doing so he expressed an interest in doing a short tour with Songbook, so I stepped aside and they played 9 shows as a trio in 2019. The 'Twinnies', Julia and Nadie ( @ezbass mates) joined them and added BV's and colour for 3 of those.

I'm back in the bass saddle for those shows now though, and I have to say they are such a blast to play, not as thrilling as playing a ballsout stand up show to tens of people ;) but incredible to play in their own way. I get much more nerves doing one of those to a hundred than playing the usual to a thousand

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 08/05/2022 at 13:03, T-Bay said:

I think there was also a bit of a stink a few years back over some questionable comments on a radio program as well (a bit far right iirc) but I didn’t hear it personally.

Do you mean the comments about supporting Theresa May?

If so, she clarifies here:

https://www.katebush.com/news/clarification

She was supporting having a woman in power, not the Tories. If that’s what you’re referring to, it’s not exactly “a bit far right”. 

Not questioning your experience, but everything else I’ve ever read or heard from anyone who has worked with or encountered her in person says she’s lovely and completely backs up Mark Radcliffe’s comments. Which isn’t to say she always will be of course. 

8 hours ago, 4000 said:

Do you mean the comments about supporting Theresa May?

If so, she clarifies here:

https://www.katebush.com/news/clarification

She was supporting having a woman in power, not the Tories. If that’s what you’re referring to, it’s not exactly “a bit far right”. 

Not questioning your experience, but everything else I’ve ever read or heard from anyone who has worked with or encountered her in person says she’s lovely and completely backs up Mark Radcliffe’s comments. Which isn’t to say she always will be of course. 

No, I hadn’t heard that, but anyone who could support May is an utter muppet, the comments I heard were regards to immigration, but I won’t go into detail as I heard them second hand and wouldn’t wish to misquote someone on such an emotive area. 

As I said before, I can only speak as I found and she was very unpleasant on that occasion.

Edit: Just read the clarification and what al load of BS, ‘the best thing to happen to this country in a long time’ but not a supporter of the Tories? I like her even less now 😂 She should definitely stick to music (as is very often the case, Eric Clapton etc etc)

Edited by T-Bay
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

A bit unfair without sources, I think...?

Hence the reason I haven’t stated what was alleged to have been said, I only clarified after 4000’s post. If you had quoted my entire sentence you have got ‘wouldn’t wish to misquote someone on such an emotive area.’ 

Edited by T-Bay

Mrs Spiders mk3 was a huge fan, still is I'd guess, and often played her albums in the house. To my ears KBs singing was nails down a black/chalk board caterwauling while the music had too much prog about it for my tastes. I might view her more indifferently had I not been well overexposed to her music over the course of 13 years. Mind you my ex could do amusing note perfect impersonations of her singing.

1 hour ago, YouMa said:

It appears Kate Bush not allowed to have a political opinion if it is not in line with the left? Theresa May was a great dancer.lol.

I think that extends to anyone/everyone, sadly 

• Like 1