Why become a member? ×

Wha-wah pedal

nilorius

Unless you are going for a cocked wah frequency thing which I thing sounds awful on bass but good on lead guitar,I would just go for an envelope filter and carefully dial in what you want. I just build a dod fx 25 from Internet schematic not boxed yet but its the nuts.

Edited by YouMa

I'm no massive user of it but I think they're two very different effects. I had a Dunlop bass crybaby and it was fantastic, I'm now using an AMT bass wah and it's pretty good, the Dunlop was better in that it had more range. I'd use an autowah when I want a quicker response than I can get from rocking my foot but the wah pedal gives more depth or sweep to what you're doing to the note... IMO.

BTW I did "Bassically" (Geezer) with a Morley in a gymnasium and a girl that was sitting in front of me on the floor came up to me afterward and said. "Wasn't that a bit...EXPANDING?" I said what do you mean. She said it made her feel like she had to go to the bathroom. To this day I don't know if she was complimenting me or criticizing but I always thought, "Man, I made a girl almost sh*t herself with my bass. COOL."

The Ibanez weeping demon has been my go to wah for over 15 years now. 

Its super versatile, does switched as well as automatic switch-on, and has some well thought out controls giving options sound wise

I've owned and used many different wahs - The cliff like morley power fuzz wah, geezer, coloursound, dunlop 105, 535 etc.... and always return to the demon. As said earlier, it can really SCREAM when paired with a tasty fuzz. ;)

• Like 1