Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Rm-112t EVOII cab, loud enough?

owenojo

Hi- 

Got a gig coming up that's a really basic corner of a small pub set up, with only vocals thru the PA -we are a 3 piece drums/bass/one guitar.....have played there once before and there's a house amp there, old carlsboro 100watt ish 1x15 combo looked awful but surprisingly sounded pretty good.....didnt need to be up that high on the volume control and did the job fine - our drummer isn't crazy loud.

Thinking about lugging (literally) my new small setup down to try it out this time - bought it over lockdown and its not yet left the house. TC BQ250 head into a new Ashdown Rm-112t EVOII, has anyone on the forum gigged one of these cabs in a similar setup and was it loud enough?

Ive played the TC head thru 4x10s in rehearsals rooms and it sounds more than decent....its the capability of the cabinet that's got me wondering. Ive blasted it a bit at home and this 12" appears to be able to move some serious air for its size and rating.....much more so than the fender rumble 100 it replaced which couldnt keep up with a tiny drum set without sounding like the speaker was about to jump out of the cab.

Cheers

Edited by owenojo

Only one way to find out... If the venue has a backup amp for you that you know works then it can be a v quick changeover after sound check or the first few songs. I'd just stand your Ashdown cab on top of something and/ or angle it upwards if you can to get some projection.

Out of interest what is the venue?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, owenojo said:

rumble 100 

Which variant? The late model one with the 12'' gave me a big surprise when I found out it was holding down the pub with no PA support.

Contrast that with the truly horrid sounds a 115 combo had given all bands at a festival a couple of years bC.

You may as well haul your rig down. Worst case you have to quickly change canoe. Messy but not the end of the world.

If you think that would result in never getting another gig there better save it for another day when you can test out war volume with no consequences.

• Like 1