Why become a member? ×

Favourite body color !

nilorius

It’s not really an official colour, but I would love a bass in faded Lake Placid Blue. It can go a weird green colour and I love it. Tal Wilkenfeld and Nick Campbell have Precisions in a similar colour.

8F3985CF-7E7D-46F6-88CC-F6051DE0C67E.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NJE said:

It’s not really an official colour, but I would love a bass in faded Lake Placid Blue. It can go a weird green colour and I love it. Tal Wilkenfeld and Nick Campbell have Precisions in a similar colour.

8F3985CF-7E7D-46F6-88CC-F6051DE0C67E.jpeg

Ah, one of the rare joys of nicotine.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MungoBass said:

I’m also a fan of the late 70’s Fender Cherry Burst....with a Maple board.

I have one of those (actually an '81 with an S9 serial). The only problem is that cherry burst was used on Ash bodies, and the ash bodies Fender was making at that time would have been lighter had they been made of cast iron.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I have one of those (actually an '81 with an S9 serial). The only problem is that cherry burst was used on Ash bodies, and the ash bodies Fender was making at that time would have been lighter had they been made of cast iron.

Lovely!  5kgs or so by any chance?!?!

This was the exact coloured Status Eclipse bass that I gigged for many years. It had battle scars from hundreds of gigs and I stupidly painted the body. I wish I hadn't.

Gorgeous bass.

335044-SH-167-1472 (2).JPG

For me it depends on the bass. I've got a natural finish, maple body, heavily lacquered p bass. I shouldn't like it at all, but I love it. I quite like sunburst, I've got a strat in burst with a black guard, love that one to. I love my black with tort guard jazz bass.

My son has a Squier Mustang guitar in orange with a double red stripe, looks cool as.

I'm currently trying to suppress GAS for a Cort A4...in matt stained red with that awesome 5 piece thru body neck. Phwoar!

I'm not mad on pink. But the only finish I'd not consider is exotic woods, especially burl finishes. That's about it.

• Like 1

Hard to go wrong with white or black (fingerprint magnet issues notwithstanding). However, I currently own neither and seem to be on a blue bass kick, with my last 2 incomers being that hue (I should point out that, due to supply, that was the only colour available at the time) and I’m rather liking it.

12 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

As @Marvin said, it depends on the bass. I've just bought a pink Squier VI and it's truly beautiful, but I don't think an Alembic (for example) would work in that colour.

The only finish that's a definite no from me is silverburst - it's unforgivable.

This describes my view I think, though my view of what suits was probably conditioned by the finishes traditionally offered. My"unforgivable" finish is Antigua🙂.

Edited by howdenspur
Grammar

Sunburst, preferably with a tort plate. 

(I just hope that my #1 favourite, my white Precision, will forgive me!).

To be honest, I only look at the finish when they're hanging on the wall. Don't look at the bass while I'm playing it or carrying it in a case.

On 03/05/2022 at 19:41, nilorius said:

Interesting, which color of body You would choose, if someone would say that will give You, let's say, standart 4 string Fender jazz bass, body made of ash. Iwould choose natural flat.

I'd put it in eBay, then buy something that isn't a Fender, in a natural finish. Or at the very most, a light colour wash. If I can't see the grain, I ain't interested. 

I would have said blue , but then thought of my actual basses through the years and the clear winner is red, closely followed by white, and 'natural'. In fact I've never owned a blue bass. But they look nice. Also I saw one of these in a shop recently and lost my mind, it actually looked as awesome in the flesh as in the pics. Ridiculous, but awesome.

F71856E9-C3DD-41A7-A752-294AD72EA4C8.thumb.webp.b03df9eadea1200fb81a95e9b0181ffc.webp

my current bass is one of these, roadster orange apparently, and it's lovely

76A9EAF9-34A3-46F3-9A99-50886C19FC5B.thumb.jpeg.ef748da9fd1cefe0d93b8ac0b1ee36b6.jpeg

• Like 2

Well, it wouldn't be a Fender, and it would have five strings, and it would be natural, or maybe one of @skelf's acrylic impregnated tops, preferably with a nice bit of figuring. I have a lovely Antoniotsai with (IIRC) sycamore facing.Antoniotsai5cut.jpg.ac91efbb325ca71928c563bbd84eb6e4.jpg

The dragon is a bonus.

• Like 1