Why become a member? ×

Bass Player Magazine - Subscription offers

casapete

I got an email this morning which included deals on subscribing to Bass Player magazine.

I don't know the mag or how much it usually costs, but the deals seem reasonable for both print and digital versions.

Just thought it may be of interest to some folk on here.

https://www.magazinesdirect.com/az-magazines/6936369/bass-player-uk-magazine-subscription.thtml

EDIT *** It would seem that the offer of 52% off has now changed to a worse deal - apologies.

Edited by casapete
Update

It's £4.99 in the shops, so £2.50 doesn't sound too bad.

Possibly worth bearing in mind it's not what used to be US Bass Player magazine, but what used to be UK-based Bass Guitar Magazine. Something happened at the publisher level to disappear the US mag (now entirely online at https://bassmagazine.com/) and replace the title with the UK mag. Horses for courses though obviously.

44 minutes ago, Dood said:

Compared to what I used to pay for magazines, I'd say it's very reasonable - oh and you get to read my column every month too! :)

And very good it is too, I eagerly anticipate where the first “shut your pie-hole” will raise its head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

And very good it is too, I eagerly anticipate where the first “shut your pie-hole” will raise its head.

Gonna need that on a T-Shirt before too long ha ha!

• Haha 3

Was tempted at £2.50 an issue (although I remember getting quite bored with it before I quit my sub 8 or so years ago)...just checked on the offer again after looking yesterday and they are  now doing 5 issues for £5 and I can cancel at any time, so worth a punt I reckon.

Could not find Razzle but they have some great Tractor publications...

• Like 1

Just signed up - £5 per quarter for print and digital is a bit of a no brainer. I bought an annual digital subscription to Bass Player (US) over Christmas and never read it as I want the UK version that has £ and local relevance. Was only £12 so no major deal. 

I have all The Bassist UK magazines from the 1990’s - 2000’s

I have found them very useful over the years/decades

Also like the written content was a different flavor to US Bass Player mag

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Could not find Razzle but they have some great Tractor publications..

I used to like tractors but now...........oh forget it.

• Haha 1

On 02/05/2022 at 12:46, toneknob said:

Possibly worth bearing in mind it's not what used to be US Bass Player magazine, but what used to be UK-based Bass Guitar Magazine. Something happened at the publisher level to disappear the US mag (now entirely online at https://bassmagazine.com/) and replace the title with the UK mag. Horses for courses though obviously.

Maybe I’m being thick but that link says £3.62 for the print issue that’s in the shops at 4.99? Not sure the digital issue is capable of being equalised for price since printing and delivery are way more expensive than digital availability. Im

happy with 3.62 for print 

48 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Maybe I’m being thick but that link says £3.62 for the print issue that’s in the shops at 4.99? Not sure the digital issue is capable of being equalised for price since printing and delivery are way more expensive than digital availability. Im

MagazinesDirect have a £5 for 5 issues if you search - I can’t find it now so either it’s been removed or my cookies are doing their job!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geek99 said:

I think the prices have now been altered from what was originally on offer - a 52% saving. 😡

2 hours ago, CJPJ said:

MagazinesDirect have a £5 for 5 issues if you search - I can’t find it now so either it’s been removed or my cookies are doing their job!

Thats what I got there seem to be different offers depending on how many times you visit the site....

7 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Yep, same here. It was definitely £2.50 when I first looked.

6 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Indeed. Two countries separated by a common language 😏

Absolutely, and (apologies if this steps on anyone's toes) the US version of BP, and its current online version, I find is the better read. But I'll still read both.

On 02/05/2022 at 12:46, toneknob said:

'Twas the other way around....UK publisher bought out US publisher, inherited Bass Player....both mags ran alongside each other geographically...decision to amalgamate and keep one title...which is now Bass Player....with many of their previous US writers.