Why become a member? ×

2010 Rickenbacker 4003 Maplego - £1500 for quick sale - *SOLD*
£1699
Bristol

Burns-bass

Sadly, I need to sell this beautiful 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 in delightful Mapleglo. This is in excellent condition for a gigging Rickenbacker. It comes with the official Rickenbacker case and has been fitted with an aftermarket black bezel (the original cover is included).

There are a few marks, all pictured. Bass is currently strung with GHS flats. The frets are, as you can see, in excellent order and it plays wonderfully all the way up and down the neck. The truss rod is fully functioning.

Originally I thought there was some tail lift. But was told by a Ricky expert that it’s the body shape, and nothing to be concerned about! That’s a relief

It looks like a Rick, plays like a Rick and sounds absolutely thunderous! It also has the push-pull pot to enable you to access the famous 60s vintage Rickenbacker sounds.

The case is in excellent condition too, however, there is a slight crack on top which I have pictured. It doesn't impact the functioning of the case, but it's essential I mention this.

I've enjoyed owning this bass, it's a beautifully made thing, I just need to free up some cash from home renovations.

I'm looking for £1500 collected from Bristol. 

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

Edited by Burns-bass
  • Like 13

• Burns-bass changed the title to 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 Maplego – Official Case – £1599

Great price, lovely bass type bump

PS, can I suggest you weigh the bass as that may help your sale, especially if its one of the lighter ones (under 9.5 pounds)?

Edited by Clarky

• Burns-bass changed the title to 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 Maplego – Official Case – £1599 - CAN POST
23 minutes ago, rogo said:

sorry I’m a noob, what exactly is tail lift? Absolute beauty btw!

Ahh, so the bridge itself can sometimes lift a little bit away from the body over time. This happens on most, if not all, Rickenbackers. It’s nothing to worry about, but I wouldn’t feel right not mentioning it. The lift here is no greater than a sheet of two of paper. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, rogo said:

sorry I’m a noob, what exactly is tail lift? Absolute beauty btw!

it can be seen in the 4th picture - its where the tension of the strings can over time cause the heel end of the bridge to lift slightly from the surface of the bass. Commonly seen in older Ricks and, as long as not extreme, not an issue

• Thanks 1

• Burns-bass changed the title to 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 Maplego – Official Case – £1575- CAN POST
  • Burns-bass changed the title to 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 Maplego – Official Case – £1550- CAN POST
  • Burns-bass changed the title to 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 Maplego – Official Case – £1500 - CAN POST
  • Burns-bass changed the title to 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 Maplego – Official Case – £1500 - POSTED
  • Burns-bass changed the title to 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 Maplego
  • 3 weeks later...

I love a good Ricky!

I don’t need another one, honest guv………and I’m on the other side of the channel, I keep telling myself. (GAS be gone!!).

I do have family in the UK though……..aaagh!

Any pics of the rear of the instrument and where the through neck and body wings join, please?

• Burns-bass changed the title to 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 Maplego - £1500 for quick sale
  • Burns-bass changed the title to 2010 Rickenbacker 4003 - Sold