Why become a member? ×

Which is The coolest bass solo song.

nilorius

On 03/05/2022 at 07:28, MGB said:

This is the one for me.

Willie Weeks playing with Donny Hathaway on Everything Is Everything, play the whole song to get into the feel or start at 8:20 for the bass solo.

This was my first thought too. Perfection! But since you've posted it, I have another one...

• Like 1

On 03/05/2022 at 18:06, P-Belly Evans said:

6.47 to 7.11

I can't explain why but this is one of my most favourite licks ever. Short and damn sweet. Gives me goosebumps. You have to listen to it on a stereo or through headphones to appreciate the pure power of it.....sublime.

https://bilbosbassbites.co.uk/dual-of-the-jester-and-the-tyrant-return-to-forever/

https://bilbosbassbites.co.uk/duel-of-the-jester-and-the-tyrant-excerpt/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, miles'tone said:

Adam Ben Ezra...His percussive playing is pretty mind-blowing!

The other Ezbass(no relation that I’m aware of)! That the dog is so unimpressed by such top playing always makes me smile.

Edited by ezbass
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is the piece of music that got me playing bass. Listening to it on 'Yesshows', I assumed the solo was on guitar. When I found out is was on the bass, I knew I wanted to play the bass guitar in a band. It took me a few years to get there as I was playing guitar at the time. Whether or not its the coolest bass solo song - I don't know but the bass is pretty much up in the mix for the whole 20-odd minutes. (Don't worry, the clip below is just the solo). 😀 

• Like 1

Aforementioned Micheal Manring, solo bass is rarely my thing, but he takes it on to another level technically I think.

I was very fond of Portrait of Tracy when I first heard it.

Some of Eberhard Weber's contrabass stuff is fantastic.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2022 at 14:27, mr4stringz said:

Muzz Skillings rarely gets the props he deserves for his playing on the first two Living Colour albums. Nice little bass solo on this one off Vivid. Solo around 2:20.

Yes, definitely. So many people often focus on doug, and forget about muzz. Like you say, he was on those first two living colour albums after all, with writing credits for songs like ‘cult of personality’ and ‘desperate people’. Both great tracks 👍🤘