Why become a member? ×

Hello from Phoenix, Arizona

Roadcat1

I am new to the forum and have used TALKBASS.COM for ages.  Time to spread out a bit!!   I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois and was the staff bassist at a theater playing for all the major shows touring through Chicago.  I made my living recording jingles and movie scores while playing shows at the theater in the evening.  Toured for Andrew Lloyd Webber for 20 years on the road.  (ALW concert tour, CATS, Phantom of the Opera and also Les Miserables- not a Webber show). Currently living in the Phoenix, Arizona area (hot as hell for the summers).  I perform 5 shows a week at a dinner theater and play church gigs on Sundays.  Also freelance for other projects on my days off.  I look forward to chatting with others on this forum.

2022-01-06 07_33_20-Window.jpg

DMPhoto_2021-12-07_0042a_w.rt.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome aboard! :crigon_04:

Lots of Americans on the forum, as well as UK pro and theatre musicians and church bassists. You'll fit right in. (There are also rank amateurs like me who can't play The Chain.)

What's the bass?

Edited by Richard R
Typo

• 1 month later...
On 02/05/2022 at 03:29, Richard R said:

Lots of Americans on the forum, as well as UK pro and theatre musicians and church bassists. You'll fit right in. (There are also rank amateurs like who can't play The Chain.)

Indeed!  Stats suggest slightly less than a third of visitors to BC are from the US.  (NB: visitors, not members)

@Roadcat1 welcome aboard!