Why become a member? ×

Rush - Moving Pictures at 40.

NancyJohnson

41 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

I'm not a fan of Rush but thanks to a recent thread I was introduced to Envy of None and have since bought the CD, which is the mutts nuts. For me, one positive I have to say about Rush is AL's playing which avoids the cliches that bog down most metal and hard rock. The most off-putting things for me come from other two members, Geddy Lee's vocals most of the time and Neal Peart's lyrics/song titles. 

It took me a long while to get past Geddy's high tenor and the '80s albums helped with that, but once you get past it, it suddenly works. Peart's lyrics can be a tad 'shaky' but every one of those there's multiple Red Sector A and Far Cry.

7 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Just on the subject of EoN, if you're unfamiliar with them, check out Curve (start with 1992's 'Doppelganger').  Whether it's intentional or not (probably the latter), EoN as a unit sound incredibly similar to them.

I've been a decades long Curve fan and have all their stuff. You can also see where Garbage got some of their ideas from. Back in the day I also thought Toni Halliday was the hottest woman in music😊