Why become a member? ×

Damn Right, I Got The Blues Thread

Jonesy

I bought an electric guitar a few months ago and having been trying to learn a few blues licks. On Tuesday I was practising some bends and snapped the high E string. Luckily I had a spare set, so I changed all the strings (they were only the cheap ones that came with the guitar - Harley Benton). Wednesday, practising the same lick and "twang" - same string went, so I've ordered half a dozen high E strings from Amazon 😄

28 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I bought an electric guitar a few months ago and having been trying to learn a few blues licks. On Tuesday I was practising some bends and snapped the high E string. Luckily I had a spare set, so I changed all the strings (they were only the cheap ones that came with the guitar - Harley Benton). Wednesday, practising the same lick and "twang" - same string went, so I've ordered half a dozen high E strings from Amazon 😄

Check the bridge intonation adjusters for sharp spots that might be provoking these broken strings..? :/

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Paulgm1 said:

Bit of harmonica playing - Love this version  as much for the clothes with cool cat Jr Wells

Love Junior Wells. Great song. My band closed the first set with this for many years.

Bass player must be depping. Manages to get the riff by half way!! Been there many times. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 29/04/2022 at 00:45, chris_b said:

I do love that Etta James tune and want to add it to our set. This cover of it from Larry McCray is a cracker too...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...