Why become a member? ×

NBD - Serek Midwestern in Capri Orange

Clarky

Super slick fast neck, helped by Dunlop flats, weighs just over 7 pounds and the Aguilar pickup delivers a more solid fundamental sound than the single coil I had in my previous p90 equipped MW. Very happy indeed

Edited by Clarky
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Let me know when you decide to sell it ...

😂😂😂

🙄 this one is staying Jack, the lightest bass I have ever owned and beautifully put together. PLus its orange. Orange. And competition stripes. And its orange 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

makes me think of a dutch footballer - it looks great!

Nah ... the Serek Cruyff isn't due until next year.

Me, I'm holding out for the Donny Van Der Beek signature model. 😱

I'm curious as to the durability of the paint job.  I LOVE the Serek basses and the colors but it always looks like the paint might scratch off with just a fingernail.  Am I wrong about that and it's perhaps more durable than I think?  Enjoy it!  It's a beautiful piece.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SirMoxie said:

I'm curious as to the durability of the paint job.  I LOVE the Serek basses and the colors but it always looks like the paint might scratch off with just a fingernail.  Am I wrong about that and it's perhaps more durable than I think?  Enjoy it!  It's a beautiful piece.

That I do not know (durability of paint) but I do know I had a MidWestern previously in TV yellow that was a couple of years old (I bought it used) and there were no scratches or worn paint patches (couple of minor playing dings but that doesn't count)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Will get its first public airing at the Tuesday Night Music Club in Coulsden, Surrey at the end of May when its (lack of) weight will be wonderful for our two 45+ minute sets!

Cool, which band are you in?