Why become a member? ×

EBMM Joe Dart 2 is here

acidbass

• drTStingray changed the title to Musicman Joe Dart 2 Bass
2 minutes ago, Clarky said:

"there are no tone controls to color the sound; therefore, the tone is manipulated solely by the user's technique and finesse"

That's me f*cked then

Yeah but wait till you see the tone controls on my cooker... they genuinely colour the food!  

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Sorry, I don't get that. Is it only available for 100 minutes or does it only last for 100 minutes as after that it automatically combusts on stage during a jazz-blues or blues-jazz festival on the Isle of Lucy, leaving behind what can only be described alternately as a "globule" or a "stain”?

1 minute ago, drTStingray said:

I like that they “decided to split the pick up on the original Joe Dart bass and move a pair of coils forwards - no-one’s thought of that before”  😂😂😂😂

Yeah, they have an interesting type of humour 😉 

The cooker knobs combined with the cream pickup covers makes it look like a child has drawn it. Someone will buy into Stratton and Dart’s schtick and have to have one, but that person ain’t me. Do MM really need to do this? I kind of feel that almost devalues the brand, but I guess it’s another revenue stream and acquisition of the mighty $ rules.

• Like 2

There’s a typo in the other thread (which appeared after this one).

100 minutes should say 100 instruments. In reality that is the first 100 instruments have a special neck plate and include a Joe Dart signed certificate. Seem to be selling out of the initial ones quickly - but I’m guessing it will become a standard signature instrument. 

• drTStingray changed the title to Musicman Joe Dart 11 Bass
1 minute ago, jd56hawk said:

I wonder what it will look like when it's finished.

That is the beauty of the JD II bass. You can paint it in any colour you like. Endless opportunities. Imagine they would only offer it in one colour (e.g. black or white or sunburst, how boring) but you want it in a purple-green finish with sparkle. Well, now you can have it! How cool is that! DIY! Part of the JD/JS ethos 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Sorry, I don't get that. Is it only available for 100 minutes or does it only last for 100 minutes as after that it automatically combusts on stage during a jazz-blues or blues-jazz festival on the Isle of Lucy, leaving behind what can only be described alternately as a "globule" or a "stain”?

that’s just autocorrect and me not noticing.

3 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

that’s just autocorrect and me not noticing.

I know, I just could not resist to use this opportunity to smuggle in yet another of my beloved Spinal Tap references (in case anyone wondered what on Earth

I was going on about ; -)

7 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

The now seemingly annual tradition of people getting annoyed that EBMM have made a bass that they don't like and aren't going to buy.

This type of release in no way devalues the brand as they still make the same basses they made yesterday and will make again tomorrow. 

It's a bit weird isn't it. What's interesting is EBMM's reluctance to introduce signature bass models until very recently. By doing so, and devaluing the brand, prices have skyrocketed, so there's that.

There's a strange dislike for both EBMM and Joe Dart that I don't understand. EBMM make solid classic style and often experimental or flamboyant basses outside of their StingRay lineup, constantly introducing and discontinuing oddities and special runs. The Big Al, with 1000 knobs and switches, 3 pickups and pointy body, or a passive no knob short scale. I appreciate the audacity of it all. The StingRay will always be there. They ARE expensive, which is why I've only ever bought them used. No prob. 

Joe Dart's unpopularity baffles me too. In my eyes, he's the millennial equivalent of Flea - a household name bassist who can shred some funk and sounds exactly like himself. I prefer to listen to other bassists, but the fact is he's popular and cool, and so be it.

Anyway, I like the look of the Joe Dart II bass. I have a J with 2 volumes and no tone, and it's awesome. I also own a EBMM Sterling, which has the best neck I've ever played. I also have an oil finished (basically unfinished) natural P bass. The Joe Dart II is like an amalgamation of all my personal favourite basses. But obviously I ain't gonna buy one, at that price.

• Like 3