• Leonard Smalls
    • Fingers211
    • NickD
    • upside downer
    • Lurksalot
    • Nail Soup
    • skankdelvar

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/04/22 at 23:01

Its voting time again and the inspirational image was chosen by last months winner, @skankdelvar who is on a roll, and is approaching the hallowed ground of a treble!

I'm no stato , but that's a rare thing round these parts , however we have some serious challengers for you to consider . 

some notes provided by the man himself...

Before radar was perfected, aircraft were detected using acoustic locators which enhanced and amplified the sound of an aircraft's engine. The smallest version was a pair of acoustic mirrors which the user strapped either side of his head.

image.png.99efa0ecfab1fa681116b9a3a05e2867.png

Please Choose your favourite 3 entries from the following.

@Dad3353      I was lucky, as I remembered this case from some decades ago, having read an article in the Boy's Own Paper of the time. The first successful human biological re-engineering, which enabled this man, born into a human body but with his real nature that of a fennic, to at last reconcile his psyche with his physical appearance. Early days for these medical miracles, but the operations and treatments finally enabled the fellow to become the creature that his mind had always known himself to be.

@Doctor J    This has come together influenced by a few recent things of note, like the "Three on E" thread, a trip to Berlin and a bout of Covid. Four is one more than three and more is more, says Yngwie, so four it is. The bass riff came a bit too easily so I hope I haven't subconsciously pilfered it from somewhere. I can't place it, though.

3 @Leonard Smalls       I thought - that geezer's got some serious phones: feel the weight, feel the sound, heavy pressure's going down! 

4   @fingers211   A simple ditty really. The poor chap hears all the twaddle the world and it's media have to offer.

5 @NickD    Started with the idea of how in modern times a whisper can be heard around the world, then got into the idea that a dumb meme travels much faster than anything involving hard reality... and just developed from there.

6 @upside downer    Our hero is doing his bit for the war effort but he keeps on picking up sounds from the wild and wonderful world of pop music. Nonetheless, he'll do his very best until he can have a well earned drinks break.

7  Lurksalot   it's a bit on the simple side and I got lost a few times even doing this. Mercifully no singing this time just some speakage!

@Nail Soup  The picture made me think of eavesdropping... did a bit of research and found stuff like a quote from Thornton Wilder (me neither!) : "There's nothing like eavesdropping to show you that the world outside your head is different from the world inside your head". Built up the lyrics with such ideas. God knows where the music came from 🙂!

@skankdelvar   Basically the song's about something but I'm not sure exactly what. Probably something grim 

some brilliant, humourous and well observed compositions again this month , fair play 

So it's your favourite 3 then

Voting will end at midnight Saturday 30th April

Good Luck All  :sun_bespectacled:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Marvellous... Thanks folks!

Congratulations to Doctor J, and to everyone who put an entry in, I enjoy listening more and more, there's some great stuff going in every month.

I was surprised that this one did ok, as by the time I put it in I bloody hated it. Damn thing wouldn't do what I wanted it to, and blocked me at every turn.

Just goes to show how much I know! 😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 2