Why become a member? ×

Wilcock London Shortscale Bass MM - *SOLD*
£1200
Lancaster

ash

This short scale Wilcock bass is a lovely thing. It’s sleek and easy to play, very red and has an incredibly beautiful flamed neck and lots of tones. It also weighs in at 3.4kgs! It comes with a gear4music tweed case and strap locks. It’s a very recent purchase but alas the 30” short scale and ergonomics don’t work for my playing position so I’m offering it up for sale. I’d also be willing to trade for a lightweight US Precision Bass preferably with a maple fingerboard.

I’m glad I have tried one of these as the quality and workmanship is fabulous. The Armstrong MM pickup has clarity and punch and the push pull pot gives a surprising array of tones. It’s a classy bass. Pickup preferred but I can post at buyer’s cost U.K. only. The condition is excellent, no dings, faults or marks of any significance and it’s set up with a nice low action. 

Edited by ash
  • Like 4

Sorry to hear this didn’t work out. Absolute bargain for somebody. In my opinion Viv Wilcock is producing some of the most useable/playable boutique basses in the UK/world. Simple but really smart design, excellent components/materials, superb craftwork and world-class finishing.  Playability is off the scale and tonal range is a real surprise. The most fun instrument I’ve tried - addictive!

• Thanks 1

• ash changed the title to Wilcock London Shortscale Bass MM traded now sold