Why become a member? ×

PAYMENT PENDING Fender PB70 RI Precision MIJ Non-Export with hard case + CS '62 PUPS + original PUPS - *SOLD*
£780
South Somerset or London

Richard Jinman

A recent foray into upright bass means I'm not playing my electric basses a great deal. This is the P bass I spent a long time trying to find. Firstly, because I was smitten by the natural ash with black scratchplate appearance, but also because the PB70 has a relatively narrow (40mm) nut. I believe this bass has passed through the hands of a couple of BassChatters who will hopefully confirm any details I omit (or don't know). But what I understand is that this is the non-export version which means it had US hardware and pickups etc. When I acquired the bass I swapped the original PUPs for Custom Shop '62s (brand new, professionally installed), but the original PUPs are part of the sale if you want to restore it to full original. The condition of the bass is extraordinarily good... excellent really. Particularly given its early 90s provenance. I can't find any marks or dings on the body. There is a miniscule indent on the side of the neck, but it has no impact on playability. I don't really have the kit to weigh it accurately, but every review of this model I've seen has it at about 4.2-4.3kg. The period correct tuners all work perfectly and it is strung with a very. new set of LaBella Deep Talkin Flats. It sounds amazing and feels amazing (to me at least) because of the extremely playable neck. Frets all in great condition. There's a Non-OEM hard case (pictured) which won't win any awards, but does the job. The bass is in South Somerset, but I do come to London fairly frequently so I could bring it to EC2. Alternatively, I will post it at buyer's expense (using a decent courier). Thanks for looking. 

Tui-2.jpg

Tui-3.jpg

Tui-4.jpg

Tui-5.jpg

Tui-6.jpg

Tui-7.jpg

Tui-8.jpg

Tui-9.jpg

Tui-10.jpg

Tui-11.jpg

Tui-12.jpg

Tui.jpg

Edited by Richard Jinman
  • Like 22

• Richard Jinman changed the title to Fender PB70 RI Precision MIJ Non-Export with hard case + CS '62 PUPS + original PUPS
  • Richard Jinman changed the title to SOLD! Fender PB70 RI Precision MIJ Non-Export with hard case + CS '62 PUPS + original PUPS