Why become a member? ×

Squier CV Jazz, GAS price reduction £325. China made. Olympic white - *SOLD*
£400
Tunbridge Wells

basscki

I bought this many years ago on this forum and have found, as many bassists here and elsewhere have noted, that China built models are not far short of a US/Japan Fender in terms of build quality and sound. The only shortcoming I've found is the chrome plating which tends to get a bit discoloured after a while.

It comes with the original tort pick guard and a black/white/black one I've fitted which I think looks nicer.  It also has four control plates: the original chrome one (if you want the mojo), a new chrome one, gold, and black.  It currently sports the gold one but the black looks particularly good with the black pick guard. When replacing the control plate I also replaced the original knobs and the jack socket which had become a bit iffy. 

I look after my instruments well so Its in excellent condition with the only blemishes I can see being: slight headstock scratching (low ceiling!), some bridge dirt/discolouration (which might well clean off), and a few extremely small surface marks that don't show up in photos and you would only notice if you're looking for really closely.

I'll ship it in a cheap but perfectly decent Harley Benton gig bag which is nearly new.

I'd prefer collection or a meet up within a reasonable distance of Tunbridge Wells (or could meet central London near a mainline station like Charing Cross, London Bridge etc).  Postage an option if buyer arranges courier and takes responsibility once consigned. Prefer UK sale as I don't enjoy the customs overhead post Brexit.

IMG_20220419_170715548_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220419_170858525.jpg

IMG_20220419_170825956_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220419_170905318.jpg

IMG_20220419_170922186.jpg

IMG_20220419_170815158.jpg

IMG_20220419_170850153.jpg

Edited by basscki
Price drop, sale
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, basscki said:

No, I bought it from a BCer called to "Out To Play Jazz" who I haven't noticed on here for quite a while

Wow, that's a member name I've not heard in a long, long while.  Its sad when people vanish, hope he's okay

• basscki changed the title to Squier CV Jazz, now £375. China made. Olympic white
  • basscki changed the title to Squier CV Jazz, GAS price reduction £325. China made. Olympic white
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • basscki changed the title to SOLD Squier CV Jazz, GAS price reduction £325. China made. Olympic white