Why become a member? ×

NBD - Fender USA Std Jazz - Candy Cola

Funkateer

I'm beside myself with excitement as I had a new (to me) Jazz Bass delivered today. It's a 2012 model, with the Customer Shop '60s pickups and high mass bridge.

This is a significant upgrade for me, from my Squier Classic Vibe 60's (which will soon be for sale) and the first American Fender I've owned for over 10 years (I had a USA Std Telecaster 6 string which I instantly regretted selling). It's also the first ever maple necked instrument I've owned and I love it!

I've had it less than an hour and it's well...perfect!! Detailed tone, very growly. The neck is absolutely sublime and is set up with a really low action. I'd be tempted to say it "plays like butter" but I've never actually played butter, so I don't know what that's like. It's just a BEAUTIFUL instrument.

Picked it up from Bass Brothers, who were great to deal with. 

That colour as well though 😵

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0078.jpeg

• Like 25

8 minutes ago, Funkateer said:

Cheers peeps! I in love with this bass! 

All this talk of Tort pickguards...😂

I was thinking black actually...

That's the way I went when I had a candy cola precision. A new black guard on the USA Standard, the white guard from that onto a fiesta red Squier CV, and the tort guard from that onto an olympic white bitsa I was making. Order restored, nothing wasted and they all looked 'right' to me.