Why become a member? ×

For Sale or Trade: Sire V7 Fretless Version 2 - *SOLD*
£325
Chelmsford

MattW

Very lightly used -only home use other than one gig with a Pink Floyd tribute to play Hey You.   Can't find a mark on it - and comes with original box, pick up cover and tools (not pictured as safely away in the loft at the moment).

Only for sale as I pretty much only play 5 string now - so for sale to fund a 5 string fretless!

Pick up from Chelmsford, or I may post at buyers risk/cost. 

£325 or may px for a lined fretless 5.

PXL_20220420_170119075.thumb.jpg.ce54459a9567719de2a7229952d78357.jpgPXL_20220420_170132763.thumb.jpg.74a1f342ac7c5a895142d33e940da2f7.jpgPXL_20220420_170137671.thumb.jpg.656acb0a894da4ee7101aa1a22d9e225.jpgPXL_20220420_170159485.thumb.jpg.5229d94c4057ae6d815a8ede544423f4.jpgPXL_20220420_170205727.thumb.jpg.9d36721de49190674fe6ac6db38779aa.jpg

Edited by MattW
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, whave said:

I check this beauty every day basically, and trying to convince myself I need this, but then I practice a bit and I realise I'm not even close to being decent enough for a fretless 😁

Only one way to get good at fretless - that's play fretless!  Honestly though it's not as scary as many make out, especially when you have lines as a guide.   You also won't find a better fretless for the money - these Sires are excellent.

6 hours ago, whave said:

I check this beauty every day basically, and trying to convince myself I need this, but then I practice a bit and I realise I'm not even close to being decent enough for a fretless 😁

My experience was that getting the fretless let me (made me!) become better with fretless.  I don't think it would have happened otherwise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, whave said:

I am a terrible player both on fretted and fretless, but I find that the fretess is actually a very good bass for practicing. It forces you to play and listen to what you are doing with great care. For example, I find that intonation goes all wrong if my fretting hand is not in a correct position, therefore I have to focus on having a correct position

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Paolo85 said:

I am a terrible player both on fretted and fretless, but I find that the fretess is actually a very good bass for practicing. It forces you to play and listen to what you are doing with great care. For example, I find that intonation goes all wrong if my fretting hand is not in a correct position, therefore I have to focus on having a correct position

That's pretty much exactly how I use fretless - mainly just play it at home to improve my ear and technique.   Don't have much in the way of gigging opportunities for one, but good to have it in the collection and be ready for when the gig calls for it 👍

On 23/04/2022 at 11:00, MattW said:

Don't have much in the way of gigging opportunities for one, but good to have it in the collection and be ready for when the gig calls for it 👍

Raise the relief and action so you don't get too much mwah, then just play it as any other bass.  I use two, one lined, one unlined, in a blues, rock and rotten roll band.  Works fine.

• Like 2

• MattW changed the title to For Sale or Trade: Sire V7 Fretless Version 2
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Sumatra said:

Hi,

is the fretboard epoxied by the factory? is it ebony or rosewood?

thanks

Luca

Hi Luca,

Yes it was epoxied by the factory and it's ebony 👍

Cheers,

Matt

• MattW changed the title to Sold: For Sale or Trade: Sire V7 Fretless Version 2