Why become a member? ×

PCGC now available on the high street

You might recall this 'brand' from ebay.

it looks like the purchaser has decided to unload their bass, and the value of the conversion appears to have had a negative effect on the price.

https://www.cashconverters.co.uk/shop/music-tv--video/musical-instruments/guitars--string-instruments/bass-guitar/050000085678

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Could be - I would expect the tuners to be a bit more wonky if it was genuine

Good spot, it's always the little details the forgeries can't get right. On further inspection it seems like the neck and body might even be from the same bass which definitely rules it out as the genuine article

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Ah yes, that's the early period PCGC dated August 2019, before he went really crazy with odd knobs, crazy angled tuners and pickups. As an investment, well it has the sharpie logo  but not much else to commend it other than the realistic price. Avoid!

So that would date it to being prior to that infamous night out in Langney where something happened behind the pizza place that was to be every bit as transformative as Dylan's 1966 motorcycle accident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

So that would date it to being prior to that infamous night out in Langney where something happened behind the pizza place that was to be every bit as transformative as Dylan's 1966 motorcycle accident.

I couldn't possibly say as there is a SLAPP in place.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NikNik said:

If those are DiMarzio pups, the asking price would be worth it. 😁

Despite the photo having been taken with a potato rather than a camera, the pickup cover looks white rather than cream so I'd say there's zero chance of it being a DiMarzio.

I think *he* should buy the bass so he can convert it a bit more.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Despite the photo having been taken with a potato rather than a camera, the pickup cover looks white rather than cream so I'd say there's zero chance of it being a DiMarzio.

I think *he* should buy the bass so he can convert it a bit more.

And why not?mdp.thumb.jpg.efda551cd44b18af1e715540e34cae2e.jpg.d0f446b8b8ba3c882df6ddb343d4a704.jpg

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, NikNik said:

Que?

You know the pinned photo you have to scroll past every bleedin time you view anything in this lounge  because some Mod thinks it necessary to tell us not to post it when it would be a lot a simpler to just delete any thread that it forms....( photo of a flood damaged jazz bass)☹️

Edited by yorks5stringer

2 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

You know the pinned photo you have to scroll past every bleedin time you view anything in this lounge  because some Mod thinks it necessary to tell us not to post it when it would be a lot a simpler to just delete any thread that it forms....( photo of a flood damaged jazz bass)☹️

Nope. Not a single clue what you're talking about.