Why become a member? ×

Gibson Gene Simmons G2 Thunderbird Ebony Mirror

Eldon Tyrell

Interesting video to watch.  

It just looks so cheap.  I mean honestly, hand me that and tell me it's a far east T-Bird knock off, I'd believe it.  I think Stingrays are a crazy price point now, but at least the Special I had was pretty flawless in build quality, no complaints at all. 

• Like 1

Good video. Liked the sound, not sure about the finish issues (headstock) and value for money. 

Seems like there is a third hole underneath the Hipshot bridge so that you can install Gibson's famous three point bridge. Man, who does not want to do that? Gibson should list it as another great feature of this bass 😉 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Good video. Liked the sound, not sure about the finish issues (headstock) and value for money. 

Seems like there is a third hole underneath the Hipshot bridge so that you can install Gibson's famous three point bridge. Man, who does not want to do that? Gibson should list it as another great feature of this bass 😉 

Yeah, it was interesting that the guy painted that as a positive, as opposed to it being another sign of a cheap factory built fit for multiple purposes bass body...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yeah, it was interesting that the guy painted that as a positive, as opposed to it being another sign of a cheap factory built fit for multiple purposes bass body...

Yeah, I thought that - they probably just have a machine that drills out the holes for the three point bridge, and didn't change it for these.

• 2 weeks later...