Why become a member? ×

Advice on best bass combo for silent or headphone practice?

BassOrWhat

Hi

Any thoughts on a practice combo amp with a decent headphone output? Looking at spend up to £500. It's for home practice only. Not concerned for recording at the moment. Ideally something with small dimensions.

I've just seen a fella playing a Markbass CMD 121P that sounded fab. Any other recommendations?

Kind regards

None of us wanted to be the bass player. In our minds he was the fat guy who always played at the back.

Paul McCartney

Thanks chris_b and PaulThePlug

Good point about why have speakers. I do occasionally get the chance to play at volume but the majority of my practice will be with headphones plugged in.

None of us wanted to be the bass player. In our minds he was the fat guy who always played at the back.

Paul McCartney

I've used a ton of options but the Joyo Badass Bantam head is really good.

Why any better than the rest?

Bluetooth.

Connect your phone to it wirelessly, wherever you are in the room you can play along or use metronome app or whatever other rehearsal tool apps you like. Headphone 🎧 friendly too.

Ones I've used.... 

-Fender rumble, headphone o/p, aux i/p

-Zoom b1 four, headphones, aux i/p, drum tracks 

-NUX mighty plug 2. Headphones, Bluetooth, its own app for different modeling, no leads. 

All are under £500 so there are probably better if you are spending that much, but these have been very good to practice with. 

• Like 1

On 18/04/2022 at 13:14, BassOrWhat said:

Hi

Any thoughts on a practice combo amp with a decent headphone output? Looking at spend up to £500. It's for home practice only. Not concerned for recording at the moment. Ideally something with small dimensions.

I've just seen a fella playing a Markbass CMD 121P that sounded fab. Any other recommendations?

On 18/04/2022 at 13:14, BassOrWhat said:

Markbass CMD 121P does not have headphone out or aux in

Micromark and Mnimark have both

Edited by Nebadon2000

• 2 months later...