Why become a member? ×

Solo bassist Heiko Jung plays Bach

ambient

I came across this guy on Instagram. It’s not to everyone’s taste I know, personally I love solo bass.

The bass is a Marleaux Heiko Jung signature model with Pyramid black nylon strings. The bass has a built in microphone, the recorded sound is a mix of that and the amplified sound.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbdREA3sQHZ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by ambient
  • Like 2

• ambient changed the title to Solo bassist Heiko Jung plays Bach
7 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I have a Marleaux Consat. I do enjoy the Cello Suites as an exercise and it is lovely to see people playing things other than the first Prelude in G. Worth spending time with and great for reading practice. 

I had a Marleaux bass about ten years ago, lovely instruments. 

I’ve got a book of the cello suites arranged for bass that I use for reading practice, they’re beautiful pieces.

9 hours ago, ambient said:

I came across this guy on Instagram. It’s not to everyone’s taste I know, personally I love solo bass.

The bass is a Marleaux Heiko Jung signature model with Pyramid black nylon strings. The bass has a built in microphone, the recorded sound is a mix of that and the amplified sound.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbdREA3sQHZ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

He has nice subtle tempo movement and lovely, musical phrasing, which all makes for better listening and holding my attention.

Usually Bassists tend to just plough through these Cello pieces and they sound like they can't wait to get to the end.

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lowdown said:

He has nice subtle tempo movement and lovely, musical phrasing, which all makes for better listening and holding my attention.

Usually Bassists tend to just plough through these Cello pieces and they sound like they can't wait to get to the end.

That's a useful reminder of what makes something musical, rather than simply music.

Certainly, it felt to me that this bassist had mastered the piece, and was able to introduce expression, feeling and emotion into his playing. 

• Like 2