Why become a member? ×

Does anyone have just ONE bass?

Rayman

14 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Yup, only time I ever needed my backup bass was quite typically the time I couldn`t be bothered to take it to the gig. And made worse by the fact that I`d agreed to lend my bass to the support band who were flying over from Germany. Luckily the headlining bassist was a decent chap and took great pity.

And I`d checked the bass was working before I set off. Turned out to be an intermittently dodgy jack-plug.

Nightmare.  I guess I’ve been lucky, over 20 years gigging and never had a catastrophic failure, just 2 broken strings.
Your get out of jail was always my back up plan when I was younger (borrow one of the other bands basses).  Now, I only play pubs and clubs, so stakes aren’t that high.  I’d probably nick one of guitarists spares and run it through my octave pedal if my bass ever did crap out.  Fingers crossed.

If I listed all the other things that have gone wrong at a gig, it would be a long list, but my bass isn’t on that list 😉

I’d love to find my perfect bass !!..just as I think I’ve found her my head is turned ..I blame basschat 😜 ..It’s best I  don’t ad up how many I’ve had through the years and what I’ve spent ! I’m currently playing an Ibanez fan fret 5 string ! Don’t know for how long for though ..it does everything I need so there’s no reason to fallout of love with it 😬