Why become a member? ×

Bash Bas Cymru - Bass Bash Wales

Stub Mandrel

10 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Perhaps if it was Bash Bas De Gymru, it would overcome objections from those in the north and marches?

The question really is who is somewhere betwen Carmarthen and Bristol wo would be intersted in something happening in the middle?

The Midlands BB, if it happens, is likely to be near Redditch so those in the marches have that.

One thought is that an event in Cardiff could possibly happen in a club with a stage allowing us to have some informal jamming and maybe even a bar and a gig afterwards for those who want it.

The Earl Haig Club in Cardiff (Whitchurch) could be perfect for that

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/05/2022 at 23:36, Frank Blank said:

Just throw a dart at a map and get on with it.

You've obviously never seen me play darts. If I threw a dart at Wales, the bash would end up in Rotterdam.

• Haha 2

Seem to be getting some traction. I will see if it might work for the Earl Haig. Otherwise I have a venue in Penarth that would be willing, we could use their big upstairs room on a day when there's a really good band downstairs.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

I think the Earl Haig club would be a fantastic choice.  

Nothing to do with me being ten minutes walk away, of course…

I'm hosting the jam night there with Mark Pontin on Monday 6th June, pop in and say hi! (My profile pic was taken there also)

• Like 1

On 30/05/2022 at 00:09, D.I. Joe said:

I'm hosting the jam night there with Mark Pontin on Monday 6th June, pop in and say hi! (My profile pic was taken there also)

I've been with Alex our guitarist before, and also plan on coming over with my brother sometime. It's a busy weekend, but I might get over myself (I know comment was meant for @Gottastopbuyinggear)

• Like 1

On 29/05/2022 at 11:43, Jabba_the_gut said:

I'd be interested in this dependent on location.

Ditto, and as mentioned earlier in the thread, getting to Gogledd Cymru or De Cymru is somewhat slow from Y Canolbarth. 

• Like 1

On 31/05/2022 at 12:43, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

Ah, we have a rehearsal on Monday.  I think you’re there fairly frequently, though?  Will definitely try to make it another time.

I am indeed! I might not be there a lot during the rest of June though as we've got a very busy month coming up...

On 31/05/2022 at 13:08, Stub Mandrel said:

I've been with Alex our guitarist before, and also plan on coming over with my brother sometime. It's a busy weekend, but I might get over myself (I know comment was meant for @Gottastopbuyinggear)

The invitation is open to all. The more the merrier! :drinks:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I had a brief chat with Steve, he'd support the idea of a Bass Bash at the Earl Haig, timed for a day when there's a band in the front bar in the evening for those who want to stay on. The big room has a stage, and plenty of room.

I'll need a date and a suggestion of numbers. I was thinking September time, so we can get all the summer holidays out of the way?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

OK, I had a brief chat with Steve, he'd support the idea of a Bass Bash at the Earl Haig, timed for a day when there's a band in the front bar in the evening for those who want to stay on. The big room has a stage, and plenty of room.

I'll need a date and a suggestion of numbers. I was thinking September time, so we can get all the summer holidays out of the way?

As long as it doesn't clash with any other bashes I'm in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mottlefeeder said:

I'd be interested in a shoot-out between micro cabs. I have my even Briefer Case twin 5s and others have Fane or Faital based 6s, or PJB 4s. 

Any one else interested?

David

Would my house jam micro combo qualify? It has a Faital rs140 6ins and has separate input.

1 hour ago, Pea Turgh said:

I have a Basschat DIY micro cab I can bring along!

31 minutes ago, JohnDaBass said:

Would my house jam micro combo qualify? It has a Faital rs140 6ins and has separate input.

I'm not part of the organising committee, but I'd like to hear both of those.

David

• Like 1

• Rich pinned this topic
  • Hamster unpinned this topic