Why become a member? ×

Show us your old band photos

Rayman

Another one ...

Brighton's finest, the Desperate Dan Band around 1985. My last non-Boogie rig. Peavey 1820 cab (great at lows and tops but notes in the middle just disappeared) and Acoustic 220. That Marshall combo was 18 watts and produced the best guitar sound I've ever heard.

1416248764_Steve-DDB5.jpg.96c824935254e187c8e1970c01e7704c.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, police squad said:

Originals band I ws in. Hope n Glory. Same drummer as early Scandal who went on to play with 'The Last Resort' and 'Torme'

Bass player ended up with 'Torme' too.

Lasted about 18 months, did a couple of great gigs

mart.sy.JPG

So were you not the bass player in this band?

• Like 1

This is a late incarnation of Live n Kickin'. Ashford based band that did 30 years. Here I'm playing bass and fronting it. Our original bass player passsed away a few months previous to this but we carried on. It's what he wanted.

That's Martin Kidd on guitar (Cornford/ Victory designer)

LnK1.jpg

• Like 3

Some from back in the the mid 80s, '83 to '87 at a rough guess

Unknown venue...

scan0008.thumb.jpg.761cdda1a8b9eecf3c8a8ce5f3115d56.jpg

Festival in Sefton park

scan0021.thumb.jpg.73ddb7e4f5ccb704a4e43aaf43d99845.jpg

Another outdoor gig, no idea where but I seem to be using a pick... long time since that's happened!

scan0025.thumb.jpg.21f2537d5d5a4197d5241afda59b3a57.jpg

Think this was the Fire Station in Bootle... one of our gigs there turned into a bloody battle between the bouncers and some of the locals involving bottles and snooker cues... 

scan0030.jpg.847421bf7774071673355760e5746b19.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, stewblack said:

Actually...no

About 9 years ago I guess my moves on stage at a particular gig didn't come off as planned. I saw a video clip and what I thought was cool actually looked like I was humping an invisible bear.😀

Blue

• Haha 13

Another photo from the archives. This was taken in spring 1992 just before I left for Hong Kong . A group of us hand a farewell party for me camping in the New Forrest. I'm on acoustic guitar this time. My mate is on my acoustic bass and something else!1399225409_SidMep-Acoustic.thumb.jpg.d54717852d8b0cc659fad5ff89d670d7.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Leonard Smalls said:

The only wedding we ever played - I came on my mosickle:

MeRocoleather2.thumb.JPG.33adcc817e40dd06319f7d982012acc1.JPG

And channelling my inner Hellborg:

MeRocoHellborg.thumb.JPG.40ac9970b2169386b77695167304339c.JPG

Have you always played WAL basses. You do seem to like them. 😂

Had one in 80's and it was nice. Would like another but prices are a bit too much to justify.

Dave

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Have you always played WAL basses

Not always 😁

Bought that one from Allbang and Strummit in Covent Garden for £500 in 90ish - chose it over an Alembic at £650 and a Jaydee at £400.

It was my 2nd bass - first was a Kawai Sleekline ; also got a Sandberg Bassic, a Parker PB51, an ACG Recurve and Lightwave Sabre fretless. I've still got all of 'em...

2 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Im quietly surprised at the minimal amount of leather trousers and double denim in these pictures.

Indeed, and although I’ve not submitted any yet (as don’t have any) I’m only guilty of leather trousers.

On 24/04/2022 at 18:50, Bluewine said:

About 9 years ago I guess my moves on stage at a particular gig didn't come off as planned. I saw a video clip and what I thought was cool actually looked like I was humping an invisible bear.😀

Blue

I'm intrigued as to why, if it was invisible, that you visualised of all things .........a bear!

2 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Indeed, and although I’ve not submitted any yet (as don’t have any) I’m only guilty of leather trousers.

I always wanted to be leather trousered but couldn't afford them. I thought about getting spandex trousers but couldn't find any. Thank Gawd!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ubit said:

I always wanted to be leather trousered but couldn't afford them. I thought about getting spandex trousers but couldn't find any. Thank Gawd!

I still have my leather trousers. Not sure why as I have the proverbial snowflakes chance in hell, of ever fitting in them again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3