Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Bass 1970 Sunburst Hold FB - *SOLD*
£3500
Hexham

walshy

Fender Precision Bass 1970

Definitely not a case queen, in fact I don’t think it’s ever lived in a case! This has been used and abused like all good basses should be. The paint is cracked, split and crackled, it’s been a gigging machine.

Original apart from CTS pots, the originals have been replaced. The wiring is the original cloth wiring. 

Regarding the bridge, it is the original bridge with the correct slot headed adjustment screws added, as were the rusty bridge screws. 

So, to clarify, it’s 98% original for those that are super interested.

Pick ups stamped and dated correctly.

Truss rod moves both ways, it’s not maxed out but it’s not flush either however the action is low and amazing.

Back of the neck has a split in the laquer only, it’s not a split in the neck. You can’t feel it while playing and doesn’t impact at all.

Strung with La Bella LTF

Weight 3.55kg Yep you read that right.

Comes with a Fender tweed Case.

Previous owner loaned it to Ozzy Osbourne when gigging up in Scotland early 80's I believe. 

Price includes UK delivery and please look at pics carefully, its been used and abused but is absolutely genuine and sounds killer. Anyone is welcome to come and try at my home studio to make sure they are 100% happy. 

*** Heading from Northumberland to Lydney ( Gloucester ) Monday should anyone on that loop want it, I will pop it in the car ***

Edited by walshy
  • Like 23

7 hours ago, walshy said:

Ha ha thanks dude. Wait until I unleash the ‘63 P later on 😉

oh don't. Like this one is nice but the other one makes me wonder how much trouble I would get in for buying it... 

• Haha 2

• walshy changed the title to Fender Precision Bass 1970 Sunburst HOLD
  • walshy changed the title to Fender Precision Bass 1970 Sunburst

I have a question, I am by no means an expert on vintage Fenders but I have a 1972 P bass with the neck date stamped April 72 and a 75 P with the number system. Doing some research and I was led to believe that Fender stopped the date stamp and and introduced the number system after 1973, any help on this would be grateful as I can't decipher my neck numbers to ascertain if its correct for the 75P...

A cracker bass by the way @walshy

8 hours ago, briansbrew said:

I have a question, I am by no means an expert on vintage Fenders but I have a 1972 P bass with the neck date stamped April 72 and a 75 P with the number system. Doing some research and I was led to believe that Fender stopped the date stamp and and introduced the number system after 1973, any help on this would be grateful as I can't decipher my neck numbers to ascertain if its correct for the 75P...

A cracker bass by the way @walshy

Hi bb, I don’t want to derail walshy’s thread, you might try here as there’s some very knowledgeable people there 👍

• Like 1

This is a seriously great instrument. I have considering laying both basses at your feet, but I need the 5'er. I have had one of this vintage, and can only imagine how it feels and sounds.....please make sure it goes to a good home. 

Edited by Sibob
Just some tidying
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve played this, it’s super light P with a good easy action.

if I hadn’t Come away with the 63 I’d have had this one.

hmm do I need a ‘P’ for roundwounds? 
🤔

😂🤣

5 hours ago, Bunion said:

I’ve played this, it’s super light P with a good easy action.

if I hadn’t Come away with the 63 I’d have had this one.

hmm do I need a ‘P’ for roundwounds? 
🤔

😂🤣

Ha ha yes you do 😂 I’ll swap you for the other bass you left 😉

• Haha 1

• walshy changed the title to Fender Precision Bass 1970 Sunburst Hold FB
  • 4 weeks later...
  • walshy changed the title to Fender Precision Bass 1970 Sunburst SOLD FB