Why become a member? ×

Letts Custom 5 String Unlined fretless. (On hold pending) - *SOLD*
£450
Swindon

andyonbass

image.thumb.jpeg.413d9937f5c4bb951b10b641fec32c04.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4bb45186cbf527789a4d093cfbee4ca3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0d5b36f88917fb5021f0d4d38e28a306.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.173fb5e17805fe146b53f811680c689e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8f58bb0b895b268b488cae70663675e0.jpeg

Since it’s unlikely I’ll be playing fretless live again in the future and it’s too nice to be hanging on the wall unused, I have decided to offer this delightful instrument for sale in the hope that somebody will enjoy playing it as much as I have.

It’s in really tidy condition, a few very minor marks perhaps but it has a beautiful straight neck, no discernible wear on the fretboard and it’s fitted with nylon flats. Truss rod works fine and a modified Allen key that fits the recess is provided. The volume and tone pots work fine without scratching although the tone pot feels like it has little turning resistance but in practice does not affect anything and it stays where you set it. Edge markers are positioned on the pitch if that makes sense. Oh and it’s got a thunderous B string! I'll leave the strap locks on and include a leather strap. 

If you search for Jon Letts you will find that he builds superb quality instruments but his business had suffered from various problems in the past and tarnished his reputation perhaps, and as such, these bases can be had at decent prices. With that in mind I am offering this up at £450 which is very reasonable for a hand built custom instrument. For an additional £50 I'll include a top quality Fusion gigbag.

I would really like a potential buyer to try this bass  (I’m based in Swindon) but I could seek advice on insured postage funded by the purchaser if necessary or do a “meet halfway” arrangement.

I am out and about over the Easter weekend - Bristol on Good Friday, West Sussex on Saturday and Central London on Monday-Tuesday morning if it helps…..

Letts custom fretless 5 string

Bubinga front and back

34inch scale

Walnut neck and body sandwich

Padauk out riggers and nut

Indian rosewood fretboard

Custom double blade passive humbucker

Volume/tone series parallel push pull switch

Hipshot ultra light tuners

Edited by andyonbass
Sold!
  • Like 3

I am the second owner, the previous guy commissioned the base directly from Jon letts, I got it a couple of years ago.

The weight is about eight and a half lbs  and I’ll measure the string spacing and photograph the position markers when I get home from work. I reckon it’s about similar spacing to a Stingray fiver I had once though…

• andyonbass changed the title to Letts Custom 5 String Unlined fretless. **Sold!**