Why become a member? ×

Comfort Strapp or Neotech Mega Strap -Update

wrinkleygit

After spending a 2 hour rehearsal with a P bass around my neck, I think I need a better strap. Two have caught my eye at Bassdirect, especially the claim made by Neotech in “halving the weight by half”, any one able to make a comparison on both of these.

Edited by wrinkleygit

I own both of these brands of straps..

I’ve never noticed the weight saving claims of the Neotech straps, they’re comfy & have a fair amount of ‘give’ in them though..

I think my best summary would be, I have two Neotech & four ComfortStrapps?

I have used both for long standing gigs, started out with the comfort straps as they seem to have been the first to attend to our shoulder needs, but think i prefer the Neotech, though i find the width of the shoulder pad needs to curve to avoid your neck a minor point, but annoying. There was a problem with comfort straps secondary plastic links breaking, people reported some bass accidents with them, I have had no such problems although when leaving them attached to the bass as padding in a case or gig bag to hold the bass firm I have found that these comfort strap hard nylon links can cause some indentations  ( bucklerash)

I know both straps and i prefered using the Neotech strap for many years. I have to say I was always very satisfied.

I really like colorful straps that stand out and it's always difficult with bass straps because they are mostly single-colored or not well made. Some time ago my wife gave me a new strap made by "Steyner" from Germany. And I think that's worth a look. I got a wide, really well padded strap with a stunning design. Even the hole size was already integrated for my Schaller locks. So with this strap I notice the weight of my bass much less than with the other two. Especially the longer I play, the more comfortable it stays on the shoulder and neck.

If you also like something out of the ordinary, you won't go wrong here with the comfort. However, the straps are quite cheap. but it's well made and I think it's really worth the price. great craftmanship. 

https://steyner.de/en/products/design-bassgurt-mit-polster-9-cm

bassgurt-gepolstert-blumen-muster-bequem-glanz-9cm-breit-steyner.jpg

Edited by Adam77
forget to add image
  • Thanks 1

Had both. Snake oil claims on anything to do with weight. The "spring" of them, I guess, at best, gives you a little "suspension" to lessen the force applied to your shoulder when you change direction.

My best advice is get a wide strap to distribute the weight across your shoulder.

To anybody reading who likes short straps, the Neotech doesn't go particularly short. (I paid for a local seamstress to shorten mine as I am very particular about strap length!)

• wrinkleygit changed the title to Comfort Strapp or Neotech Mega Strap -Update

After a great deal of thought, I went for the Neotech Mega strap, swayed by the wider shoulder pad and just completed the same 2 hour rehearsal, albeit with an even heavier P bass than last time.

Today I used my old f’less P, weighing in at 11.5 lbs ( 5.25kg for the younger members) and I have to say I’m impressed, stood for the whole session with the bass around my neck and only started to feel an ache in my back for the last 15 minutes. As we only ever play 45-60 minute set lengths , I could happily gig with this bass, something I never thought would happen. 

Definitely £34 we’ll spent, thanks everyone for their input.

On 20/04/2022 at 14:56, EBS_freak said:

Had both. Snake oil claims on anything to do with weight. The "spring" of them, I guess, at best, gives you a little "suspension" to lessen the force applied to your shoulder when you change direction.

My best advice is get a wide strap to distribute the weight across your shoulder.

To anybody reading who likes short straps, the Neotech doesn't go particularly short. (I paid for a local seamstress to shorten mine as I am very particular about strap length!)

Are you sure? I have a couple of Neotech's that can go right up to my chest. 

Unless you're over 6'5"?