Why become a member? ×

Ibanez ehb1005sms short (30"-32") multi-scale active 5 string - reduced to £680 - *SOLD*
£720
Bristol

Vin Venal

Didn't think I'd sell this, but I'm back on to long scale instruments.

If you're a short scale person, this is pretty much the ultimate short scale IMO.

Very lightweight, incredibly comfortable to wear and play. Doesn't require double ball end strings. Tuners work great. Incredibly stable, with carbon rods and a roasted neck which is nicely figured.

The pre-amp is fantastic too, with the parametric mid control giving you basically unlimited tones.

Would prefer collection in Bristol, but have a box, so can potentially ship, at buyer's cost and risk.

Ibanez gig bag included. It's guitar sized, so would make a phenomenal travel bass.

20220412_043530.jpg

20220412_043549.jpg

20220412_043539.jpg

20220412_043655.jpg

20220412_043619.jpg

20220412_043628.jpg

20220412_043635.jpg

Edited by Vin Venal
Price drop
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Hacksawbob said:

I played one of these the other day, cracking instrument. If I hadn't just got the mezzo I'd be sorely tempted.

Thanks, yeah these are amazing instruments.

I moved to short scales a while ago for comfort reasons, and if you need a short scale 5 string with an actually useable b-string, this is the way to go imo.

Thought the fanned frets would take some getting used to, but it was only about 15 minutes of playing before I got it, and now I don't even notice the difference, even going back and forth between this and other basses.

Only reason I'm selling is I gradually crept back up to 34" after getting used to medium scale.

• Vin Venal changed the title to Ibanez ehb1005sms short (30"-32") multi-scale active 5 string - reduced to £700

Reduced to 700 quid. Bargain imo, and means if you're swayed by some of the reviewers opinions on the Bartolinis (I like em personally), you can basically get an as new one and put in the aguilar DCBs everyone favours for pretty much the same as a new stock one.

Action looks a bit 'challenging' as I come from the John Entwistle (I wish) school of strings under the frets. Much room left for height adjustment at the bridge? Also, still got the ramp?

13 minutes ago, visog said:

Action looks a bit 'challenging' as I come from the John Entwistle (I wish) school of strings under the frets. Much room left for height adjustment at the bridge? Also, still got the ramp?

String height is about 3mm at the thick end, and 2mm at the thin end at the 12th fret at present. I don't find it challenging at all at that, because of the very balanced, and relatively light, string tension accross the board.

Bit of a moot point really, cuz all the saddles are individually adjustable, with plenty of room to drop them if you choose. And if you want more string tension with your low action, one advantage of this design is it will take any strings, you're not limited to short scale/medium scale sets.

Ramp wise - good point. I just checked and it looks like it's gone. I probably threw it away with the box, seems like something I'd do. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by Vin Venal

3 hours ago, Hacksawbob said:

The colour isn't right on my screen either probably some shinanegans with white balance on a phone or something? The 1005sms is only available in one colour... https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/ehb1005sms_1p_01.html

And silver

https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Ibanez-Bass-Workshop-EHB1005SMS-MGM-Metallic-Gray-Matte/art-BAS0011659-000

7 hours ago, 4$$ said:

Don't think this is the Emerald Green Metallic Matte color. Looks like Metallic Gray Matte to me! 

It is the emerald green metallic, I promise.

I took the pictures at night, without natural light under yellow bulbs, think it washed out all the colour.

I would be amazed if that wasn't the silver one and done understand how the camera could wash out the colour of the bass while keeping the red of the socket and the blue of the sheet, but look forward to the pictures!

incidently I think the silver is much nicer than the green!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Most definitely a lovely metallic silver bass.

Well that's that sorted then. 😅

Apologies if I misled anyone. Bloody deuteronopia.

It's like the time my grandad accidentally painted the kitchen bright pink all over again.

• Haha 1

• Vin Venal changed the title to Ibanez ehb1005sms short (30"-32") multi-scale active 5 string - reduced to £680
  • Vin Venal changed the title to Ibanez ehb1005sms short (30"-32") multi-scale active 5 string - reduced to £680 SOLD