Why become a member? ×

Squier Classic Vibe Bass VI Limited Edition Shell Pink - *SOLD*
£400
East Sussex

6feet7

I bought this yesterday for £400 thinking I really needed it, not realising that it's not great at what I wanted it to do, namely barre chords to fill space (being due to my arthritic fingers not being able to hold all the strings down anymore :(

The place I bought it from had done the two things that are on all the 'improve' sites ie. put barrels in the bridge inserts to stabilise it and alter the bass E string bridge screw so that it intonates properly. It's also got new Fender Super 250's bass Vi strings (the ones it came with from the factory will come with it too). It's also had the white scratch plate changed to a mint green one (white one will come too), which gives it a great 60's vibe.

It is unmarked and as new.

I might trade for a short scale 5 string bass or electric upright bass. Let me know what you've got.

I'm happy to post.

This is what Squier say about it:

The Classic Vibe Bass VI is a faithful tribute to the secret weapon of producers and adventurous players that have dared to explore it since its original production from 1961 to 1975. Tuned an octave lower than a guitar and featuring a vintage-style tremolo, the Bass VI is the perfect companion to accompany any guitar or bass player into uncharted territory. Player-friendly features include a slim and comfortable "C"-shaped neck profile with an easy-playing 9.5"-radius fingerboard and narrow-tall frets, as well as a floating bridge with barrel saddles. This FSR Squier model features a trendy shell pink finish with a matching painted headstock.

Key Features

100% designed by Fender

Inspired by original Bass VI models

Fender-Designed alnico pickups

Vintage-tinted gloss neck finish

Nickel-plated hardware

Matching painted headstock

Specifications

Body

Construction: Solid Body

Body Material: Poplar

Colour: Shell Pink

Orientation: Right Handed

Neck

Neck Material: Maple "C" Shape

Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel

Fret Size: Narrow Tall

Number of Frets: 21

Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)

Scale Length: 30"

Hardware

Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Non-Locking Floating Vibrato

Hardware Finish: Nickel

Electronics

Configuration: SSS

Bridge Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil

Middle Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil

Neck Pickup: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil

Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone

Edited by 6feet7
  • Like 8

• 6feet7 changed the title to Squier Classic Vibe Bass VI Limited Edition Shell Pink

That's a cracking colour, and that mint scratchplate really suits it well.
I've sometimes thought about getting one of these, to attempt to (a) play something a bit different and (b) to try out Barre Chord playing in a duo

Just wondering @6feet7- what is it that didn't work for you re the Barre chord playing? Interested
PS. If I was going to go for one of these - this would be the one, as all the others I've ever seen have been either black or Sunburst (mainly black, I think)

12 minutes ago, Marc S said:

That's a cracking colour, and that mint scratchplate really suits it well.
I've sometimes thought about getting one of these, to attempt to (a) play something a bit different and (b) to try out Barre Chord playing in a duo

Just wondering @6feet7- what is it that didn't work for you re the Barre chord playing? Interested
PS. If I was going to go for one of these - this would be the one, as all the others I've ever seen have been either black or Sunburst (mainly black, I think)

It's my playing. I haven't played guitar in 20 years and thought that I could easily slip back into playing simple barre chords, but because I've had to go to playing short scale basses recently because of arthritic fingers, those same fingers can't hold the pressure to fret all the strings. I'm sure someone with fingers in better condition can, but it's just not me :(

• Thanks 1

• 6feet7 changed the title to Squier Classic Vibe Bass VI Limited Edition Shell Pink FS/FT

Just a quick chime in...

The Bass VI low E is actually the same pitch as a standard electric bass, so the E,A,D,G are pitched as a bass guitar - then it adds the B and top E strings. So is strung in the same way as a guitar but obviously lower in pitch.

I believe the idea of these was to aid guitarists in playing bass parts, but strictly speaking they are not the same as the baritone guitar which may be more suitable for you? They are tuned to a C just below the normal guitar pitches so work well when strummed.

I have three vintage Fender VI's at the moment, and they are great instruments, they can really add something. The bass part can be played on them and then any soloing on the top strings is like playing a guitar (but more mournful sounding - think high range of tenor sax).

Anyway, these are very good basses indeed and it's a very fair price. Good luck with the sale.

Edited by CH161
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Arnoldas said:

What sort of trades

2 minutes ago, Arnoldas said:

What sort of trades are you looking for? 

are you looking for? 

might trade for a short scale 5 string bass or electric upright bass. Let me know whatyou've got.

• 6feet7 changed the title to Squier Classic Vibe Bass VI Limited Edition Shell Pink - Sold