Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton JP/JJ Series

stewblack

38 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Like the trans blonde … and the tort … excellent choices @stewblack

WTF is it ?

I have no clue. Been wrestling with is it a jazz or is it a p. They recently brought out some well funky guitars but this is the wrong finish for a bass version of those.

I guess these campaigns are designed to get us talking, and I'm quite happy to play my part.

Looking at a few social media posts, a few people seem to think it’s their version of the Aria Pro Detroit bass. Not sure why or how Harley Benton would be copying a bass that is currently available but from the small screen shot it does seem to match up.

image.jpeg.041f20ba362d97014f34b4b42af2959b.jpeg

On 10/04/2022 at 16:34, andyaber said:

Pick up is also very close to the end of the neck.  Not a criticism just closer than most Precisions or Jazzes.

It's a double octave neck, it goes further into the body than most Precisions or Jazzes, so the pickup could be in the traditional position relative to where it hears the string.

• Like 1

On 11/04/2022 at 17:26, Woodinblack said:

Except the aria would be what is described as a budget bass. Seems an odd choice, undercutting other manufacturers budget series.

Ah but we don't know if it is the same as the Aria. And fwiw 400 would be extremely expensive for a HB. 

But I take your point, if it's the same as a £400 Aria, given the HB pricing structure it would cost about 50 quid 

I've not been tempted to purchase a Harley Benton lately. I used to have a HB uke bass but had to send two back before receiving one without QC issues whoch kind of took the shine off the experience. Some of the cheaper basses and guitars look like good platforms for modding, and their higher priced ones look to be very good value but they don't really excite me like a nice Fender mustang (bass or guitar) would.

1 hour ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I've not been tempted to purchase a Harley Benton lately. I used to have a HB uke bass but had to send two back before receiving one without QC issues whoch kind of took the shine off the experience. 

I've got a fretted and fretless HB uke bass. They were 'Dekos' and less than £30 each, which kind put the shine on the experience. 😁