Why become a member? ×

Is this anyone's bass?

Vin Venal

I picked this up from bass direct, and it's a corker! They had it listed as a classic vibe, but I think its a vintage modified.

You know when you just instantly fall for an instrument as soon as you plug it in? This one's a keeper.

I did a Google search, and thought I recognised the tort pattern in a picture on this forum, but couldn't follow the link.

Identifying features include stripped screws on the control and scratch plates, one rusty screw bottom left, and a ding in the neck where you dropped it. 😅

Was it yours at any point, and if so - why did you sell it? Its brilliant.

20220408_235446.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I’m confused O.o

How come?

I'm selling my 32" Classic Vibe Jag with a black pickguard (which is nearly new) to fund my purchase of the 34" Vintage Modified Jag with a tort pickguard (which is about 10 years old and probably previously owned by someone on here).

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, theyellowcar said:

Forget finding who had it and be grateful you’ve got it! Sounds like it’s a perfect fit!

Yeah it really is. I bought it expecting to keep the hard case it came in, see if I could get on with 34" scale, and likely move it on.

But it's just super light, comfy, easy to play, and sounds better than anything else I've played (including American fenders and gibsons). Those "Duncan design" pickups in some squires are really hot, great for overdriven tones.

It's also got loads of wear on it, thought it would be cool to find out who had it before me, what kind of music it's played, that sort of thing.

I get sentimental like that about instruments I don't see myself parting with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vin Venal said:

How come?

I'm selling my 32" Classic Vibe Jag with a black pickguard (which is nearly new) to fund my purchase of the 34" Vintage Modified Jag with a tort pickguard (which is about 10 years old and probably previously owned by someone on here).

Ah ha! They look so similar and I was quite sleepy when I posted my confusion. In the bright light of the new day I see the difference, now that you point it out.

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 2