Why become a member? ×

::S::O::L::D::
£1590
Dortmund, Germany

null9er

:: SANDBERG California TTi - Lollar TBs :: Soft-Aged :: Special Run :: only 15 pieces worldwide ::

Here I offer my gorgeous and just bought Sandberg California TTi Bass. The Sandberg California Bass should be well known regarding. The special feature of this special model, limited to 15 pieces, are certainly the Lollar Thunderbird pickups. These give the bass not only a particularly cool look, but also a very powerful and defined sound. The output and the dynamics are on the level of active basses despite the passive circuit.

Another special feature is the color "Light Grey", which is more reminiscent of a faded sonic blue and harmonizes super with the chrome-plated hardware. The bass has received the Sandberg soft-aging. All marks and scratches come as "from the factory" and are created by the luthier. It's a matter of taste - I think it's pretty cool!

I bought the bass at Zoundhouse music store (Dresden / Germany) at the beginning of this year. Unfortunately, two weeks ago an ultra-rare and always on my wish list Celinder J Update came across my way. It cost me a lot of money and since the 30-day return period had just expired, I am now offering this special bass as new at a reduced price. The bass comes with an original Sandberg gig bag, which can be exchanged for a case in "vintage tweed design" if desired.

The bass can be seen, played and bought in 58300 Wetter (Ruhr), Dortmund or Recklinghausen (Germany). Since I'm on vacation on Sylt next week, a free "delivery service" to the north of Germany would also be possible. Otherwise I also offer free shipping within Germany and worldwide shipping upon request.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Here is the official "press release" and the technical data:

The Sandberg Special Edition California T4 Passive RW Light Grey Soft Aged electric bass comes as a special run of the popular California-T model, limited to 15 pieces, with a specially designed finish and powerful Lollar Thunderbird HB pickups, which together with the straightforward passive circuitry make it a first-class all-round bass for almost any style of rock or metal. In addition to the offset alder body, the four-stringer also features a bolt-on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and comfortable "C" profile, while indestructible Sandberg hardware completes the features of the Special Edition California T4 Passive RW Light Grey Soft Aged by Sandberg.

:: Alder body in offset design
:: bolt-on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and matching headstock
:: Abalone dots fretboard inlays
:: scale length: 864 mm (34")
:: Fretboard radius: 14"
:: nut width: 39,5 mm (1,55")
:: 22 frets
:: pickups: 2x Lollar Thunderbird style
:: passive electronics with volume, balance and tone
:: Parchment pickguard
:: Sandberg Lightweight tuners and Sandberg hardware
:: Color: Light Grey (RAL7035)
:: Sandberg soft-aging
:: incl. bag
:: Original price: 2.390,-- EUR

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Feel free to ask any questitions - but please: NO TRADES!

Edited by null9er
  • Like 14

Sorry for my late reply. There is a YouTube Video from Fritzpatrick (Sweden). The title is „Sandberg TT4 i Custom Color Gray Demo“. Unfortunately the language is Swedish but the sound is multinational. 😉

• Thanks 1

Just now, null9er said:

Sorry for my late reply. There is a YouTube Video from Fritzpatrick (Sweden). The title is „Sandberg TT4 i Custom Color Gray Demo“. Unfortunately the language is Swedish but the sound is multinational. 😉

I‘m not sure if it is okay to paste a video-link here. Some platforms delete those messages directly.

15 hours ago, null9er said:

Found it! Thanks 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi everyone ! I have the pleasure to own and play one of these beauties, and i am very surprised to find out in the original post that it was originally marketed as a rock/metal bass : I literally use this bass for everything but rock 😂 it’s my go to/do it all /allrounder bass, it’s a very versatile/funky bass. I’m glad to have one, I didn’t event knew it was a limited edition when I grabbed if ^^

• null9er changed the title to ::S::O::L::D::
  • gary mac locked this topic