Why become a member? ×

3.73"/94 mm 5-string Jazz pickups?

BassAgent

Sooooo I got this amazing Sadowsky MetroExpress five string, and I'd love to give it some more juice with new pickups. I ordered a set of Lollar 5-string pickups, but it turns out they're 4.1"/100 mm for the bridge pickup. Before I take my bass to a luthier for those extra mms, I want to explore what else is available. I know there are Nordstrands that are 3.73" and although they're good pickups, they're not exactly my sound.

Are there pickup makers that build a 3.73" set? Not all makers state the dimensions of their pickups on their website so I was wondering if you guys have experiences to share.

vRnP81D.jpg

If getting the right size is an issue then you could look at using the present ones rewound using the physical cases. No routing, no mess. New magnets, new wire. Job done.

https://www.catswhiskerpickups.co.uk/

has done some great work for me, and it will be significantly cheaper than any of the "big names". Pickups do not have magic in them. Right magnets, right wire, job done.