Why become a member? ×

Help Markbass

WAYNESWORLD

Hope someone can help. Got a CMD  121 h with what looks like a blown horn. Also the power light led flickers irregular pulses which can be heard through the speaker ( not loud but it’s there) anyone had same issues or have idea of cost to repair. Thanks

Check the connection inside the cabinet to the horn….the end of the push on clips are sometimes not tight enough to stay on and need reconnecting….(this in turn may be the cause of other problems?).

Just had the horn out(whooo) no meter reading so looks like it’s gone. Connections are fine. Hope your correct that the duff horn is interfering with the power. The noise is reminds me of when valve seats used to play up on old amps but not as noisy and getting full power from the amp into the 12 inch.

2 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

@WAYNESWORLDI'm sure there have been threads about suitable replacement tweeters for the Markbass ones that are actually a lot better sounding. I'm sure a search will turn it up.

I had the same thought then realised this is a CMD121H. The crappy tweeters are on the CMD121P. 

The 121H has a different much higher quality compression tweeter.

Update. Ordered diaphragm from real electronics. Great service arrived next day unfortunately correct packaging containing incorrect diaphragm which turns out not to be in stock and needs to come from Italy. I wanted to repair the driver before dropping the amp in to a tech to try and find the issue with the noise and irregular pulsing of the power lied light on the amp. Oh well goes in tomorrow why do I fear the £ signs are going to be racking up….oh yes because it’s a Markbass.