Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Fretless Gary Willis B1005 - Handcrafted in Japan - As new, perfect condition **ON HOLD!** - *SOLD*
£3300
Acton

Svidasmile

IMG_4365.thumb.JPG.09eb235645a101e742e32b79473c1b49.JPG

I am selling this beautiful instrument due to my upcoming home studio refurbishment. The instrument is in perfect condition and has never left the house. Not a single scratch, the original case is in perfect condition too. 

Currently mounting Labella deep talking - E to high C

2600 GBP OR BEST OFFER - will trade for studio gear - I can ship at an additional price 

Comes with original Hardshell Case (also in mint condition)

Specs:

weight

3.6kg (5kg with hard shell case)

neck type

GWB3pc Maple neck

top/back/body

Swamp Ash body

fretboard

Ebony fingerboardOff-set white dot inlay

fret

Fretless

bridge

Std. bridge

string space

16.5mm

bridge pickup

Bartolini® GWB bridge pickupPassive

equaliser

Bartolini® NTBT 2-band EQ w/Eq bypass switch (push/pull)

factory tuning

1C, 2G, 3D, 4A, 5E

strings

LaBella Deep Talking 

hardware color

Black

Neck Dimensions:

Scale :

864mm/34"

a : Width

45mm at NUT

b : Width

67mm at 24F

c : Thickness

19mm at 1F

d : Thickness

21mm at 12F

Radius :

305mmR

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4367.JPG

IMG_4368.JPG

IMG_4369.JPG

IMG_4370.JPG

IMG_4371.JPG

IMG_4372.JPG

IMG_4373.JPG

IMG_4374.JPG

IMG_4375.JPG

IMG_4376.JPG

IMG_4377.JPG

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4379.JPG

IMG_4380.JPG

IMG_4381.JPG

IMG_4382.JPG

Edited by Svidasmile
Added weight
  • Like 8

Was just googling the serial number for background on this bass and found this old thread on TB: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/ibanez-sugi-gwb1005-gary-willis-fretless-bass-7-4lbs.1115318/?amp=1419022178

"model made by Sugi Guitars in 2006 (first year of production). There are only a handful of these made per year and each has been hand-signed by Gary himself."

So I'm guessing with that SG200600001 serial number that what you have there is the very first production GW bass. Nice!

• Like 4

As background this is not the first GWB signature. The GWB1 and GWB2 (fretted version in black) were the first models and can be distinguished by the signature on the headstock rather than the control plate. They were made in Japan but were basically factory models, albeit built to a good standard. In the UK I picked up the 2nd ever model, that had been shown around various trade shows. It was a very nice, lightweight bass. The reason for the change was that Gary was finding he had to fettle his basses a fair bit to get the setup right, so Ibanez decided to hand build to those specs for the new GWB1005. You can see the difference just on the neck pocket, which on this bass is much more sculpted and obviously hand-sanded, and on the quality of the finish.

• Like 1

• Svidasmile changed the title to *PRICE DROP!* Ibanez GWB1005 - Handcrafted in Japan - As new, perfect condition
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! I’m looking for UAD (Apollo x4 or x8) Antelope DSP interfaces (4 or 8 inputs) and black lion bluey (or similar compressors). Basically interfaces and compressors at the moment so that I can upgrade my current setup.

I am open to exchanging for a smaller price and some gear if you would be interested?

Thank you 

Edited by Svidasmile

On 29/04/2022 at 22:30, fiatcoupe432 said:

Mmmm what studio gear are you after ? 

I'm thinking of selling my studio gear cause from September I won't have space for a studio no more 

Hello! I’m looking for UAD (Apollo x4 or x8) Antelope DSP interfaces (4 or 8 inputs) and black lion bluey (or similar compressors). Basically interfaces and compressors at the moment so that I can upgrade my current setup.

I am open to exchanging for a smaller price and some gear if you would be interested?

Thank you 

On 03/05/2022 at 00:40, Svidasmile said:

Hello! I’m looking for UAD (Apollo x4 or x8) Antelope DSP interfaces (4 or 8 inputs) and black lion bluey (or similar compressors). Basically interfaces and compressors at the moment so that I can upgrade my current setup.

Thank you 

.mmmmm I wish I had them 

I'll send you a pm 

• Like 1

• Svidasmile changed the title to 3000 GBP *PRICE DROP!* Ibanez GWB1005 - Handcrafted in Japan - As new, perfect condition
  • Svidasmile changed the title to 2600 GBP *PRICE DROP!* Ibanez GWB1005 - Handcrafted in Japan - As new, perfect condition
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Svidasmile changed the title to Ibanez Fretless Gary Willis B1005 - Handcrafted in Japan - As new, perfect condition **ON HOLD!**
  • Svidasmile changed the title to Ibanez Fretless Gary Willis B1005 - Handcrafted in Japan - As new, perfect condition **SOLD!**