Why become a member? ×

This is a bargain, or there’s a catch. AmProii P bass

Thunderpaws

17 minutes ago, Thunderpaws said:

What are your thoughts on this being legit? American Prof 2. Dark Night on Reverb for £715. Says it’s brand new. Even with import duties it’s a great price. 

Dodgy as hell.

Less than half price and in one of the most popular modern finishes that Fender have produced for a while?

Even used it would be worth considerably more money, but brand new?

If something sounds too good to be true...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, T-Bay said:

Say you have a mate local to him who could collect. I bet they suddenly go quiet. Avoid this like the plague.

Yep. A few years ago I saw a Martin D45 on Gumtree for £700. Absolutely immaculate. Seller was in London area and I asked seller if one of my mates if he could view it on my behalf. Seller goes quiet on me for a day or so then pops up to say guitar is now, magically, on way to family home in Orkney. No problem, I tell him, I can catch a cheap flight up, view guitar and pay cash,

*Crickets*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There appear a lot of these fake listings on reverb. Seems like they have increased in the last month or so. Mostly Fenders, but also Rickenbacker and other popular stuff.

Like said earlier in this thread, if it seems to good to be true.....

Most of these listings are from a new account without feedback history; keep away.

• Like 2