Why become a member? ×

2015 Gibson SG bass (Babicz bridge version) in vgc, weighs just 7.5 pounds - *SOLD*
£850
London

Clarky

20220403_110219.thumb.jpg.892ff4b9548cd273baab571b32724f86.jpgI bought this off eBay recently as a "rawk" replacement for my Rick but have decided to stick with the latter. So for sale is this amazingly good condition 2015 Gibson SG Standard Bass in Heritage Cherry. Usual 30.5" short scale and weighs a super light, shoulder friendly 7.5 pounds.

Note: 2015 was a special one for the SG bass as it came with a  number of upgrades which have since been dropped, presumably for cost cutting reasons. These included a Babicz full contact bridge, thicker rosewood fretboard, limited edition gold case and pearl inlays.

Pickup from SW13 London (south of Hammersmith Bridge) or post at cost (UK only) via UPS (probably about £30).

Comes with case and case candy (certificate of authenticity, case key, truss rod wrench, factory photo, warranty card etc.) Currently wearing Dunlop flats but I  can swap out for the stock nickel rounds if you prefer.

Firm price of £850, which is what it owes me, and no trades, sorry.

20220403_110149.jpg

20220403_110038.jpg

20220403_110046.jpg

20220402_231743.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 18

I just practiced my band's 75 minute set for Friday's gig (Fiddler's Elbow, Camden) on this bass and it was soooooo easy. Its also very different from the Rick so - on reflection - I am going to keep both. WIthdrawn

• Like 1

• Clarky changed the title to 2015 Gibson SG bass in fabulous condition
  • Sibob unlocked this topic
  • Clarky changed the title to 2015 Gibson SG bass (Babicz bridge version) in vgc, weighs just 7.5 pounds

Should also add, its now wearing brand new La Bella LTFs for easy playing thump. However, I can switch these to Dunlop flats (brighter than La Bellas) or the stock nickel rounds (D'Addario supply to Gibson I believe)

Edited by Clarky

On 05/04/2022 at 09:05, Lowend soldier said:

Everyone should own of these atleast once in their lives. So comfortable too play. The babicz bridge is a game changer.

My dislike for these is centred around that ridiculous three point bridge that Gibson used, so this is indeed a game changer.

I'd love to try this. I bet it's a cracker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Clarky changed the title to 2015 Gibson SG bass (Babicz bridge version) in vgc, weighs just 7.5 pounds SOLD