Why become a member? ×

Handbox WB100 full valve amp (120 watts)... the dinky 16kg one! - *SOLD*
£700
Blyth

I bought this off @walshy at the start of Lockdown 1.1 and I've probably gigged it 10 times... in fact @wateroftyne may have gigged this amp more than me recently!  :)  

Since buying it I've tried the IEM route and have in fact come full circle back to my favoured brand Thunderfunk!  Loads of threads on BC re. these amps and please believe me, I play in a LOUD band and this amp is easily loud enough to contend with any situation.  

The amp is in excellent condition and no damage or issues.  I think I'm going to have to insist on collection only due to the fact it is all valve!  

They say... 

WB-100- all-tube bass amplifier.

A no-compromise bass head… in a compact package.  The WB-100 has been created for demanding bass players who want to experience the unmistakeable power and authority you can only get from an all-valve head.  Need clean? Warmth? Crunch? All your tonal needs are at your fingertips. The WB-100 will reward you with a heft and a tactile response that will support your band like never before.  Unlike many other tube heads, the WB-100 is compact and easily portable. It’s hand-built here in Poland, without compromise.  With 120w of all-valve power on-tap, the WB-100 can handle any live situation.

DESCRIPTION.

Preamp:  3x ECC83 tubes (3x12AX7)

Power amplifier:  4x6L6 tubes  120W output

Front panel:

James-style tone stack: two-band EQ (Bass, Treble) and a passive Contour filter. No mid control needed!

Bright switch

Drive switch: introduces a crunch, useful for heavier genres

3-position FEEDBACK switch (Funk/Rock/Pop): changes the feedback and frequency response of the power stage, allowing quick tonal changes

DI (XLR) with LINE OUT function, wired to the audio transformer. This provides galvanic separation, like a passive di-box

DI is switchable to Pre/Post, with an optional -6dB pad switch

Rear panel:

2 x speakon connectors (one 4ohm, the other 8 Ohm)

IMPORTANT NOTE: do not connect two speaker cabinets with different impedances at the same time. The sum of the impedance of the cabinets must be adapted to the particular loudspeaker socket)

Dimensions:

WxHxD- 460x185x340(mm) 181x72,8x133,8(In)

WEIGHT: 16kg/35.3lbs) 

image.png.d72b64e182dbae22b910d6521276c64b.png

Edited by warwickhunt
  • Like 5

Warwickhunt made good on a long-standing promise and offered this to me before putting it up here. Unfortunately I don’t have the means at the moment, otherwise… you know. FWIW I’ve gigged it recently and it remains a holy grail head for me. The effortless detail and dynamics it puts out are astonishing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Dayum.

11 hour round trip, with petrol at £500/50ml. 

GLWTS

Yeah it’s a 9 hour trip for me too, could I strap it to the back of the Harley? 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, warwickhunt said:

I believe @walshy knows a 'man with a van' that hand delivers.  It could be an option for delivery but not UPS/DHL etc.

I’m sure it’s walshy in disguise  🥸 I’m sure the company is called Van Monkey! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bunion said:

I’m sure it’s walshy in disguise  🥸 I’m sure the company is called Van Monkey! 

😂😂 now there’s an idea. I don’t mind bringing it down for you with that Ripper 😂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

If not i might be very interested since my Mesa TT800 got cancelled and i'm not too far away for a pick up.

Dave

If he doesn't collect tomorrow, I'll give you a shout.  There are others interested but unless it is being collected in person (poss even Walshy's 'Man in a van'), I was not going to courier.  

28 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

If he doesn't collect tomorrow, I'll give you a shout.  There are others interested but unless it is being collected in person (poss even Walshy's 'Man in a van'), I was not going to courier.  

Yep no probs for collection

• warwickhunt changed the title to Handbox WB100 full valve amp (120 watts)... the dinky 16kg one! *SOLD*