Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD: Lakland Skyline 55-60 final price 800£ - *SOLD*
£1050

juliusmonk

Hi there

For sale my last 5-string, a Lakland Skyline jazz type. A fantastic bass with a great B string, one of the best I’ve tried. I think this was a limited edition colour, a nice sparkly grey, but I can’t say for certain. Block inlays, binding, matching headstock, neck plays like butter. It also has an East pre. Changing the battery underneath the preamp was a pain, so I had a luthier route a flip cover battery compartment at the back, which is much easier. The preamp cavity was shielded too.

It is in excellent condition, only a few very minor dings on the back of the body that don’t go through the finish. Weight is not outrageous for a 5-string at 4.5 kg.

Shipping in Europe included. Non-EU destinations may face customs charges, that is on the buyer I’m afraid. 

Cheers!

4547BB29-E00A-466D-BEC8-EF8417F782A4.jpeg

5C6CD973-D6AA-4980-A1A8-84BA2C47634B.jpeg

229386EC-15EA-4756-A703-1B6C08A5CDB0.jpeg

Edited by juliusmonk
  • Like 9

Price reduction: 950£. You get a pretty mint 55-60 with your standard passive  tones plus all the range of modern jazz sounds thanks to the East preamp, and easy battery change. I’ve had tens of great basses (including US Laklands) and this is the only 5-string I held onto, it is that good. 

Edited by juliusmonk

• juliusmonk changed the title to Lakland Skyline 55-60
  • juliusmonk changed the title to Lakland Skyline 55-60 now 850£
  • 2 weeks later...
  • juliusmonk changed the title to Lakland Skyline 55-60 final price 800£
  • juliusmonk changed the title to SOLD: Lakland Skyline 55-60 final price 800£