Why become a member? ×

Hard/Flight Case For Little Mark III?

NickMartinBass

Hey guys, 

I'm looking for a better way to transport my Little Mark III head to gigs. 

At the moment I have a rucksack with a little compartment that I put it in, and then I whack all my cables and extra bits in the main compartment. 

I'm looking for a relatively cheap solution, but one that offers more protection than a rucksack (or the markbass softcase that is usually recommended) 

Would really like some kind of hard-case option. 

Rack mount flight cases seem great, but also I'm a bit confused with how the sizings work, and whether or not I'd have to order custom, which then takes it out of the realm of being affordable.

I was thinking of buying a cheap case like a cheaper version of a PELI case with a foam cut out.

Has anyone solved this problem before?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

I used one of the generic metal cases from B&Q when I had a LMII.

Best thing about buying cases from B&Q is that you get a free hire of one of their tape measures when you're checking the fit!

Me too. About £15 and does the job.

On 02/04/2022 at 03:30, Downunderwonder said:

Max cases from Italy cheap as chips here

MAX Cases - MAX235H105 - Internal Dimensions: 235 X 180 X 106 Mm.

About 40GBP. Next size up about 55.

These seem great! 

There’s an extra £10 in tax for the UK once get you get to the checkout though. 

I did look at getting a similar one from an eBay store for a bit cheaper but I guess returns and complaints and such are a bit of a nightmare if it turns out not to be suitable or… stinky poo 

i've used the B&q type cases before, they're not bad but not as robust as you would hope (i've broken a couple and one got wet and went mouldy!) 

recently i've been using a Thon accessory case from Thomman, really strong (plywood construction) but heavy (about 6kg empty) with a Markbass F1, a pedalboard and cables inside it's a bit of a pain to carry.

the Max cases are available in the UK from the case farm, i have a couple of the smallest ones (one for for my wireless transmitter)  they used to be called Dave cases, i'd definitely recommend both the cases and the seller.

Max 235-S - Protective Case - The Case Farm

Matt

9 hours ago, NickMartinBass said:

These seem great! 

There’s an extra £10 in tax for the UK once get you get to the checkout though. 

I did look at getting a similar one from an eBay store for a bit cheaper but I guess returns and complaints and such are a bit of a nightmare if it turns out not to be suitable or… stinky poo 

The prices were converted to GBP from NZ distributor's retail prices including GST 15%. Maybe there's one of those for the UK?

14 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

The prices were converted to GBP from NZ distributor's retail prices including GST 15%. Maybe there's one of those for the UK?

the link i quoted above is a UK supplier of the Max cases, just under 26 quid for the empty case, or they can supply pick and pluck foam for a bit more. or custom cut foam if you want to pay extra, postage is free for orders over 15 quid as well so no extra fees on top. (they seem to have the black cases in stock but the foam is on back order and orange cases are opn backorder too (and a re a few quid more for some reason)

Matt

4 hours ago, Matt P said:

the link i quoted above is a UK supplier of the Max cases, just under 26 quid for the empty case, or they can supply pick and pluck foam for a bit more. or custom cut foam if you want to pay extra, postage is free for orders over 15 quid as well so no extra fees on top. (they seem to have the black cases in stock but the foam is on back order and orange cases are opn backorder too (and a re a few quid more for some reason)

Matt

Yeah I did see that they didn't have the foam in stock. 

Also, I'm pretty sure the dimensions aren't big enough for the LMIII? 

The Dimensions of the LMIII are;

WIDTH: 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm

DEPTH: 9.84 in. / 25 cm

HEIGHT: 3.27 in. / 8.3 cm

The Max235 

is Internal dimensions: 235 (L) x 180 (W) x 80 (Base D) + 25 (Lid D) mm

I'll have a look at the larger ones 

2 minutes ago, NickMartinBass said:

The Max235 

The one I'd end up having to get is the Max430? 

The depth seems like there'd be a lot of headroom, would that be a problem? 

14 hours ago, NickMartinBass said:

The Max235 

apologies, i didn't check the dimensions, i just linked to the same model that downunderwonder did above.

do you have other stuff that could go in the case (cables, strap etc?) i'd expect that some internal dividers could be fashioned to make it all fit snugly in the bigger case. or they should have the foam back in stock soon, an email should get you a timescale for it being in stock.

Matt

EDIT - the Max 380-S looks a good candidate, and they have the foam available for this one as well.

It's not the cheapest option though.

Max 380

Edited by Matt P
extra text and link

I picked up a half width rack case from bax last year, was on an offer and about £60. Had to cut it about a little bit but my Little Mark Tube fit nicely. It’s the odyssey brand, currently long wait / out of stock but worth keeping an eye out for a half width case on an offer / second hand. 
5CA0D89E-9AE1-492D-8823-611EF4293E34.thumb.jpeg.9d327ea10ba8cda9d002df6940a86f6d.jpeg

• Like 1